RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
From time to time my water pump turns off like during a wash load or shower. Is this an indicator the pump or pump pressure sensor is going bad? Other reasons? I can then turn the pump back on with the water switch.

Thanks!!!

When you say "turns off" the light on the panel goes out? Or the pump cycles, off and then on? You might need new pump, but it depends on which of those questions is the correct answer. Additionally, it might be a loose wire or connection, so some tracing of the wiring might be in order.

When you say "turns off" the light on the panel goes out? Or the pump cycles, off and then on? You might need new pump, but it depends on which of those questions is the correct answer. Additionally, it might be a loose wire or connection, so some tracing of the wiring might be in order.
Light on panel turns off.

If I remember correctly, shurflo pumps are not part replaceable. Flojet's are part replaceable. But if it was me, I would replace the whole unit with new, then it's all done and you are not throwing parts at it more than once. I still would check the wiring, almost sounds like lose wire to me.

Here is link to camping world water pumps, not advocating them, just place to see all at once. Amazon may have them as well. RV Parts stores are going to be most expensive. Make sure place where you are allows package delivery if not at home. Search Results for water pumps | Camping World

I think the water pump controller is the cheap and easy first step but agree, it may be a bad pump. I recommend the REMCO AES which is what I use. @MapNerd just installed one, I think the ARV version.

I would wager it might be a thermal protection event. Many water pumps have thus and will shut off when they get too hot. Next time it happens, go feel the pump with the back of your hand.

The Remco 55-AquaJet-ARV I replaced our SurFlo 4048 with is a great pump. Called Pentair as my pump was only 6 months old when it failed and they sent me a new one, so I have that as a backup pump.

I think the water pump controller is the cheap and easy first step but agree, it may be a bad pump. I recommend the REMCO AES which is what I use. @MapNerd just installed one, I think the ARV version.
Where is the water pump controller located. I looked in the water bay but could not find.

Where is the water pump controller located. I looked in the water bay but could not find.
Follow the wires coming off the pump, the black/negative goes to the water pump controller. It's typically behind the left side of the wet bay board.

Latest resources

Back