Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
I have seen and read several post about adjustable vs restricting city water pressure. I stay at Parks moving every 7 - 21 days or so. I have seen pressures down to 36 and up to 60 psi. I have used the adjustable type but after setting it the first time I never knew of any reason to change the setting. Why not just have a restrictor that I could have set to a max, probably 55 - 60 psi and then save a lot of trouble and doubting the gauge that is questionable at best.

It seems to me that I don’t care what the low power parks put out as long as I know the power won’t go over the dangerous psi.

Am I missing something???

This is what I use now. It will cap the max pressure and you don't have to deal with the crappy adjustable ones that I don't believe work well. I've tried so many, this works amazing for me:

Amazon product ASIN B003YJJHI0

Maybe someone can explain this to me. I am currently using an adjustable regulator with a gauge. When no water is being used in the RV the gauge is showing 60psi, if I open a sink or the shower the pressure is low and the gauge drops to 46 (+-) As soon as I close flow inside the RV the gauge goes, quickly, back up to 60.

The regulator is attached directly to the spicket followed by the filter then hose to the RV.

This is what I use now. It will cap the max pressure and you don't have to deal with the crappy adjustable ones that I don't believe work well. I've tried so many, this works amazing for me:

Same one I have, probably because I saw it on here when I was looking for one earlier this year. Can vouch that the few times I have used it that it worked as advertised.

Maybe someone can explain this to me. I am currently using an adjustable regulator with a gauge. When no water is being used in the RV the gauge is showing 60psi,
It is my understanding that a water pressure regulator is a basic limiting device. Pressure is limited to a set amount.
Water Pressure changes based on pipe diameter for a given flow rate. Flow X amount of water in a 1/2" pipe requires higher pressure than a 3/4" pipe.
The difference in pressure you get when the water flows is probably a change in flow resistance for the flow rate being supplied.

"Pipes are like wires. A small diameter pipe will drop the water pressure more than a large diameter pipe. That means that if you want five gallons a minute to flow through a 1/2 inch pipe, you will need a higher pressure at the sending end than if you had a 3/4 inch pipe. If you applied the same pressure to both pipes at the source end, more water would flow per minute through the larger pipe."

X2. Love this unit. It is permanently installed in my wet bay and always works perfectly without restricting flow.

Thanks guys. One is being delivered Monday.

Latest resources

Back