• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Waterpump not working

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It would help when running a hose off the tank and pump cleaning things up outside which was my intention but at over $200 I’m reconsidering.
Off topic alert but your post caught my attention. Are you still using the Newmar shower wand setup in the wet bay? If so, that's your problem with pressure there. I pulled that and put in two hose bibs and what a difference! There is a restrictor or something causing very poor flow through the Newmar outdoor shower wand contraption. Mod 26 of 1275 was to redo that setup with garden hose bibs, spigots, whatever they are called.

I’ve had experience with both the 5.X & the 3.X and honestly couldn’t tell much difference. Stuck with the 3.X as it was quieter a smoother. I also changed the outdoor shower to two spigots.

FYI - when I installed the REMCO I did just like some do with engine mounts putting vibration dampeners in. I put a rubber barrier material between the pump and wall to get it near silent. I can barely hear it run which is nice. So if changing a pump consider a little engineering for sound dampening and hope you never have to change one again. Newmar attaches the water pumps to a plastic wall which can vibrate like crazy if you don't get it secured in just the right place. The REMCO holes don't line up with the FLOJET holes.

Off topic alert but your post caught my attention. Are you still using the Newmar shower wand setup in the wet bay? If so, that's your problem with pressure there. I pulled that and put in two hose bibs and what a difference! There is a restrictor or something causing very poor flow through the Newmar outdoor shower wand contraption. Mod 26 of 1275 was to redo that setup with garden hose bibs, spigots, whatever they are called.
After you pulled the outdoor shower contraption, what did you use to make the connection to a hose fitting there?

BYW we are constantly enduring the hose bib vs spigot debate. I think its either a construction/homeowner thing, or an West Vs East coast difference. I say hose bib, she says spigot.

After you pulled the outdoor shower contraption, what did you use to make the connection to a hose fitting there?
I believe the PEX lines had the 3/4" fittings on the end. Best to pull the panel off and inspect and come up with a plan. Was not a hard task but the results were drastic.

I believe the water pump I had prior to the REMCO, which I got from Camping World and was neither a flojet or remco was 5 gpm and it was loud. So much so that when at Newmar they were going to warranty replace my water pump when they turned it on and heard it self prime. I told them don't worry, it's a Harley pump I installed :) So yeah, that one didn't last long but I think REMCO is a great pump and I saw Newmar now sells them in their parts dep't. I did keep that one as a spare pump on board.

I believe the PEX lines had the 3/4" fittings on the end. Best to pull the panel off and inspect and come up with a plan. Was not a hard task but the results were drastic.

I believe the water pump I had prior to the REMCO, which I got from Camping World and was neither a flojet or remco was 5 gpm and it was loud. So much so that when at Newmar they were going to warranty replace my water pump when they turned it on and heard it self prime. I told them don't worry, it's a Harley pump I installed :) So yeah, that one didn't last long but I think REMCO is a great pump and I saw Newmar now sells them in their parts dep't. I did keep that one as a spare pump on board.
I just saw this while recreationally looking at used Dutch Stars
76D1D0BC-7C04-4DF8-BB57-4CA117D7443C.jpeg
I think I’d want a little cleaner installation but I can see the value of the hot and cold application.

This is what I ended up with after 5 years of tinkering:
IMG_4828.jpeg

That's fine, it's either 3.x or 5.x. So the 3.4 is what you want.

Amazon product ASIN B00BFU7X86
That's funny! As conservative as I am, I would choose the higher flow pump. I guess my reasoning doesn't apply here. I never connect to the grid, I rely on pump pressure, so I like to get as close to what the rest of the world has.

A side note: The lower pressure pump will make water conservation easier.

Both pumps are the same output pressure: 65psi. How the gpm differs probably depends on plumbing and PEX size I'm guessing. But you have to ask what does 100 gpm (for extreme example) do when your faucets and shower heads have flow restrictors most not exceeding 2 gpm.

While I'm not a plumber or design plumbing, I did a quick google out of curiosity. I do have a degree in Mechanical Engineering but it's been 240 years since I took fluid dynamics! Again, a line may support a high gpm rate but if you have restrictors on the end then it may be moot. Now the question as I mentioned above is what if you have multiple faucets open, that's where you'd likely benefit. But that's an edge case. Proper sizing is key and voltage/amps is probably the main driver, followed by noise level.

Both pumps are the same output pressure: 65psi. How the gpm differs probably depends on plumbing and PEX size I'm guessing. But you have to ask what does 100 gpm (for extreme example) do when your faucets and shower heads have flow restrictors most not exceeding 2 gpm.

While I'm not a plumber or design plumbing, I did a quick google out of curiosity. I do have a degree in Mechanical Engineering but it's been 240 years since I took fluid dynamics! Again, a line may support a high gpm rate but if you have restrictors on the end then it may be moot. Now the question as I mentioned above is what if you have multiple faucets open, that's where you'd likely benefit. But that's an edge case. Proper sizing is key and voltage/amps is probably the main driver, followed by noise level.

Yah said pressure but was thinking volume. The restrictions were removed when I put the faucets. The big thing for me is how long will it take to draw the dish water! 3 vs.5 gallons per minute.

Latest resources

Back