Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Gail and I went to the ice cream shop then on to a moonlit beach to watch a Falcon launch. Unfortunately tonight the launch was scrubbed but moonlit night was pretty and ice cream wonderful. Try again tomorrow night. We can watch the live launch stream on the Tesla display via YouTube. Cool feature of the Tesla.
IMG_0741.jpeg

Cape Canaveral?

We’re south of the cape. The Starlink Sat Falcon launch heads southeast directly over our area. We get to watch the entire launch process on a clear night like tonight.

Spent a lot of time between 192 and Cocoa Beach (and points South) on A1A. Went out Sebastian Inlet many times. Don’t get down that way much any more but I do miss it.

We are near there in Vero. We store the RV in Melbourne so I’m familiar with the Sebastian, Palm Bay area. We Use A1A or Rt1 to get back and forth to the RV storage.

Ha...we're a stones throw away from the "other" coast launch pad (Slick 4E) Happened to get up at 1:45 am yesterday morning and decided to stay up to 2:00 am to watch the launch of yet another Falcon 9 with a boat load of satellites. It launched as planned and on a clear night and full moon it was gorgeous. The booster landed on the drone barge "Of Course I still Love You" but when they bring it back to Vandenberg Space Force Base it's awesome. You can literally watch it descend back onto the pad (ala Buck Rogers 😊) then hear two (very) loud "booms" as the sound barrier is broken. It seems we are having two - three launches every month and I think SpaceX is doing the same in Florida. Man, that's a bunch of satellites up there ! Well...it IS a big globe after all.
Blessings...

The Falcon 9 lifted off last night for another Nominal flight to orbit. Nice weather for viewing. From this beach in town we were able to see the entire flight from shortly after launch to the opposite horizon.
1698767092564.jpeg

Latest resources

Back