Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What are your 2022 Travel Plans?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Last year we finally bought a TT and only had a few weeks to use it. For 2022 our travel plans are not all camping. We will be doing a 60 day ocean cruise to start the year off and when we come back we have booked several dates in various National Forest campsites in Northern Minnesota.

We’re actually staying in FL through the summer so that we can feel the heat and make sure we can live with the worst of it before buying some property
Had a place for 4 years near Engelwood on the Gulf had lanai w/pool always a breeze from the gulf. It was great. Don’t worry about the heat, if only you can tolerate the Yankees and Canadians in the winter. (Please don’t be offended, just my poor sense of humor).

We got a new camper so are we doing a ton of camping. We are staying close due to the higher gas prices. The campground is 1hr from our house:

Mothers Day Weekend
Memorial Day Weekend
July 4th Weekend (we Monday off for the 4th)
End of July for 4 days
Labor Day Weekend
2 Weeks after that our free weekend because we camped 14 days
Possibly 1 more weekend in October.

Last edited:
Last year we finally bought a TT and only had a few weeks to use it. For 2022 our travel plans are not all camping. We will be doing a 60 day ocean cruise to start the year off and when we come back we have booked several dates in various National Forest campsites in Northern Minnesota.
If there is any way to book a few days in Palisades State Park SD it is well worth seeing. It’s rite on the MN SD border. About 20 years ago we had a little 1965 20ft Air Stream and spent about 1/3 of our Saturday nights in the park. I would shut down the dealership Saturday at 3:00 wife would pick up a 4” thick strip steak at the butcher shop and head for the park. Char rare the steak over a cherry wood fire, pop a coors sit back and take in the beauty. As you pull up to the park a few miles away all you see is flat land of sunflower, soybean and corn fields. It’s beautiful year round. Green in the spring, golden & yellow late summer and white in the winter. Suddenly you will come upon a huge gorge with a clear cold river running between huge Indian quartzite walls as high as 50 feet with the camp ground spread along the bank. I’m sure in today’s climate you will have book well ahead. As I said it was 20+ years ago, unless it’s been trashed, it will rate in the top of the great wonders of this great USA. A small wonder but well worth the stop.

If all goes well, we will be picking up our "new to us" DSDP end of May. We plan to keep it local with a good ratio of boating around Cape & Islands and local camping throughout the summer. Planning a five week trip to Greece in September that includes a week long cruise on the Greek Islands. Then when we get back, couple more local trips for the rest of October with a stop at Normandy Farms for Halloween to wrap the season up :)

In May we will be at the mother ship for a little work. Haven't decided on where to go in June, maybe Canada. In August we will be in Amana Iowa for the Freightliner Rally.
Of course, all plans are subject to change without notice.

After over 3 weeks getting authorization and a one day surgery we get our 3 month old motor home out of the shop Friday. We’re going to head for the hills, the Texas hill country. We don’t want to get too far from home in case there’s any more bugs hiding in this new rig. Will probably wander on down to the gulf coast for a week or so. From there its open till September. We were able to book a couple of weeks at Ft De Soto near St Pete Fl. For years Florida was our favorite fall winter destination but, that was a few years ago and a lot has changed. One thing you didn’t have to reserve over a year in advance for a 3 or 4 day stay. From the end of June to the first of September we would like to bounce our way from Texas down to St Pete along or near the gulf coast. 2 or 3 days to a couple of weeks per stop, very flexible, just not comfortable over $60 a night. Mobility, hopefully not a problem. We are traveling in a 22’ class B. This will be our 1st experience with something this small. We have been motorhoming since 1975, it’s been almost 5 years since our last trip. We want to go as much as we can before time runs out. We would love to hear about any favorite places or ideas. Hope to meet some of you on the way.

Attachments

• A4763187-48CF-4E53-866B-FD3025648BEB.jpeg
    A4763187-48CF-4E53-866B-FD3025648BEB.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
- We're finalizing our plans for a long trip Aug-October, through Colorado and New Mexico, and I was able to get booked for all the sites we need... as of yesterday. I've barely slipped into a few places, so I went ahead and made all our destination reservations, even the less-popular ones still wide open for September.
- I made reservations in Lake City, Colorado, long ago and they were almost fully booked already. They said something is going on on the other side of the mountains (Durango or Silverton maybe) closures? and it sent a lot of people in their direction.
We'll do a bit of wandering in Texas between now and then.

Leaving MOT on Monday and headed to Texarkana for a week. See the grandkids. From there, making a leisurely trip to Washington where we bought an RV lot in Deer Park. Plan on running the coastline as my bride has never been to this part of Washington/Oregon. Eventually into parts of Canada and then back to Texas in October.

Latest resources

Back