Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What do RV'ers use for internet access?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Novakcamp

RVF Newbee
Hello,
I'm new to RV Forums but I have a question.....

We have a stationary trailer in a gated RV park up in northern Minnesota. The park isn't planning on installing internet to our properties anytime soon (somewhat due to Covid) and I would like the option of connecting to my clients sites from my trailer (I'm a technical consultant). I currently use my AT&T hotspot to connect but the latency can get real bad (especially on weekends) when there are a lot of other folks in the park.

With that said, I'm starting to look at bringing in a satellite service but some of the satellite sales folks I've talked to do not recommend using VPN connections on a satellite. Is there anybody out there that uses satellite and successfully connecting to business locations? Just trying to identify my options since I'm fairly new to the RV/camping world.

Thanks for any input.

I used sat in my early years. My neighbors were using Verizon and had faster speed so I switched. If your signal is the strongest signal I have seen less slowdown so I use a Wilson cell booster. with 5G on the horizon I would want my booster to be compatible if I were using a service that is rolling it out.

Wi-Fi Ranger with either campground wi-fi or Verizon Jetpack. Also, AT&T on iPad.

You might try to get on the Starlink Beta program. I understand the service, even in Beta, is comparable to a Cable service.

I was just going to ask about this too. But we aren't stationary. I want good internet for family entertainment as well as so my husband can do some work while on vacations.

I looked at maybe getting Winegard. Anyone use it? Is it good?

I’ve been lucky so far. Almost all the RV parks I’ve gone to in the last couple months their WiFi network has been good. “Knock On Wood”. Maybe add that to your questions when looking for a place to stay?

I’ve been lucky so far. Almost all the RV parks I’ve gone to in the last couple months their WiFi network has been good. “Knock On Wood”. Maybe add that to your questions when looking for a place to stay?
Yes many do
but I already know that one place we want to go close to home regularly does not have wifi. I expect plenty others won't either. Also, it would be nice to have on the road sometimes too.

I use the campground wifi. If that isn't available I use my phone as a hotspot.

My summer has been riddled with bad service on the weekends, much better during the week. I use verizon in the arizona forests.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back