Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What is the best pellet smoker?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I checked my spam folder, server, everything. Invite hasn't made it yet. Must be held up somewhere!

Ok, first attempt on our GMG Daniel Boone. Ribeye steak using grill grates. About 8 minutes on a side @ 400 degrees. Built in probe registered 130 degrees, hand held digital said 140. The result after a 10 minute rest....perfect!
1E8B9761-3090-4D54-81F8-4B34903029EC.jpeg
6EABE4AD-E340-4F9A-A388-9693ED2F2C9F.jpeg

Ok, first attempt on our GMG Daniel Boone. Ribeye steak using grill grates. About 8 minutes on a side @ 400 degrees. Built in probe registered 130 degrees, hand held digital said 140. The result after a 10 minute rest....perfect!
That turned out great! Perfectly done for LadyDi and I. What time, again, should we be there tomorrow night for your next effort? It will be a long drive and we need to get started right now. Please send address via private message, Jerry. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

I'm still debating my choice between one of the Green Mountain grills (Daniel Boone or Davy Crockett) or one of the Reqtec units (RT-340 or RT-590). Both have some nice features and a couple of deficiencies (IMHO). I want something I can do a full brisket or a couple racks of ribs on. Might even want to smoke a turkey once-in-a-while.

When we get back to the sticks-and-bricks in a couple of weeks, the serious research will begin.

TJ

Last edited:
I'm still debating my choice between one of the Green Mountain grills (Daniel Boone or Davy Crockett) or one of the Reqtec units (RT-340 or RT-590). Both have some nice features and a couple of deficiencies (IMHO). I want something I can do a full brisket of a couple racks of ribs on. Might even want to smoke a turkey once-in-a-while.

When we get back to the sticks-and-bricks in a couple of weeks, the serious research will begin.

TJ
I think you cannot go wrong with either choice. With the weather in Washington, stainless steel might be helpful. We only will have a stainless lid. They are ordering a lid for us, as they delivered an all black one. With the peaked design of the lid, we will be able to rotisserie chickens, or a turkey under 20 pounds. It also has an interesting pizza insert that we purchased. It is fun to experiment with a new cooking method during these difficult times? Judy D

That turned out great! Perfectly done for LadyDi and I. What time, again, should we be there tomorrow night for your next effort? It will be a long drive and we need to get started right now. Please send address via private message, Jerry. :ROFLMAO:

TJ
I’m doing pineapple pizza tonight so you won’t want to miss it. Please get an early start. It takes 90 minutes at 550 degrees so we won’t eat until 9pm or so. And we will need a looooong happy hour for preparation ???

I saw @TJ&LadyDi heading this way. I guess they left the MADP in Polson with a quick return after dinner.

1601584770222.png

I think you cannot go wrong with either choice. With the weather in Washington, stainless steel might be helpful. We only will have a stainless lid. They are ordering a lid for us, as they delivered an all black one. With the peaked design of the lid, we will be able to rotisserie chickens, or a turkey under 20 pounds. It also has an interesting pizza insert that we purchased. It is fun to experiment with a new cooking method during these difficult times? Judy D

I personally wouldn't waste money or effort on a stainless steel lid. I store mine under a cover as I always have pellets in the hopper and any moisture that gets in there will just dissolve them in place. I have cooked while raining, not a big deal and no issues with the black lid. I strongly suggest considering a cover:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XZLS43R/?tag=rvf01-20

I personally wouldn't waste money or effort on a stainless steel lid.
Not a waste of money when they tossed it in for free with the deal??

I personally wouldn't waste money or effort on a stainless steel lid. I store mine under a cover as I always have pellets in the hopper and any moisture that gets in there will just dissolve them in place. I have cooked while raining, not a big deal and no issues with the black lid. I strongly suggest considering a cover:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XZLS43R/?tag=rvf01-20
We ordered everything you said to order, and we are out of money? Please advise?

Latest resources

Back