• Commercial/Vendors welcome

What is the best way to tow a vehicle?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Best to not tow at all. Get a motorcycle or rent a car from Enterprise. Just not worth the expense and hassle. I sold my toad and never looked back. Enterprise even delivers my car to the campsite.
OK, well that will work for some people. I like having my own ride with me, but if you like to rent, ok.

Oil Lines 031.jpg

To be bluntly honest, I don't have a clue.

You said you had a class C but nothing more. Details please Year, Make and Model at least

What do you want to tow???????? Again Year, Make and Model

Can it be flat towed? Is it front, rear or 4x4? Do you have a tow bar, and on and on and on.

In-order to help when you (anyone) asks a question the more details the better.

I have a C class and trying to figure out the best and safest way to tow a vehicle.

Any ideas will be appreciated.
New to the rv world and towing with a tow dolly. My wife's car could not be towed four down so went with tow dolly. Only draw back is going under the front end to hook up safety chains. Not difficult but you have to lay down to do it and if it's raining it could get messy. Haven't done it in the rain but eventually my luck will run out. I did put a trailer hitch on the wife's car in case I have to move the dolly to a remote storage lot. First thing is find out if you can tow four down. Check your owners manual.

So I am in the same boat. We were considering purchasing a new Bronco Sport which could not be flat towed or dolly towed so I planned to buy a full trailer to tow it. When we couldn't find a Bronco Sport in stock with the color and options we wanted and ordering one would not arrive until late October we opted for Plan B and purchased a Chevy Colorado 4x4 that could be flat towed or dolly towed. Due to the cost of out fitting the Colorado to flat tow (quoted between $5-$6,000) we have decided to dolly tow it. The dolly cost is less than $2000 and they take up little space. I see no more hassle hooking up a dolly and securing a vehicle to it than attaching a flat tow rig and setting up the brake system and I don't have to modify my vehicle that could affect trade-in value down the road.

Latest resources

Back