• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question When to replace RV tires?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not in MH but when I was I researched and found a recap document for the military. If you have weather checks that cross each other The tire can not be recapped. I used this info to get new tires before I took delivery of the MH, many moons ago.

rotating tires on duelly has special instructions as well. older tires belong on the inside to keep load the same on crowned roadways.

I change my tires out at 5yrs no matter what they look like. I bought a 91 goldwing some years back. The back tire looked like new, no checks, good tread, 10 year old tire by DOT stamp. Drove the thing 10 miles to the house and looked at the tire and it had checks so bad I felt lucky I made it home.

Filling the tire with Nitrogen will keep ozone from drying the rubber from the inside

coating the outside of the tire with UV protection will give better life. This is why covers over the tires is a good thing, but I prefer a silicone spray every few months.

Oh by the way, plastic parts assembled inside a rubber tire will create static and ozone a bad thing, answer nitrogen if you feel compeled to us something aftermarket in your steer tires.

Haulmark trailer manual suggests 5 years max no matter what. I feel Haulmarks reasoning is off but they have the experience.

oxidized rubber is oxidized rubber no matter how thick or big the tire, big issue is cost to replace.

Latest resources

Back