• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We are nearby North Trail in Bonita Springs to visit family. We are at WoodSmoke RV resort.

7F07F6C0-81C6-4B6A-AB63-E78B4898C64B.jpeg

After having to wipe the drool off my face the last few years watching this thread, I can finally post as we recently purchased a 2017 Newmar Mountain Aire.

The coach has lived at the Myakka River Motorcoach Resort for the last few years which is where I purchased it. We stayed for a week after the purchase and this was actually a few weeks ago, but what's a few weeks when we've been looking forward to this for years.

This resort is great and the WiFi always worked well for us. Large spots with a bit of privacy between them with bushes and trees. No remnants of any storm damage from last year was apparent and the grounds were well maintained.

IMG_0733.jpg

Trying out a new Sun Outdoors Resort Chula Vista, Ca. Just south of San Diego. One bar of Verizon, wifi decent. Beautiful 82 degree sunny day. Hard to beat this area for year around great weather.
IMG_4688.jpeg
IMG_4693.jpeg

Trying out a new Sun Outdoors Resort Chula Vista, Ca. Just south of San Diego. One bar of Verizon, wifi decent. Beautiful 82 degree sunny day. Hard to beat this area for year around great weather.

img_4688-jpeg.18098

Your site is beautiful! This is what RV'ing is about!

Another first for us, boarding the Galveston-Bolivar Ferry on our way to Margaritaville in Crystal Beach TX. We're enjoying a few days with fellow travelers from the Tyler and Dallas, TX areas. Seven coaches total.
tempImagePybtt6.png

Another first for us, boarding the Galveston-Bolivar Ferry on our way to Margaritaville in Crystal Beach TX. We're enjoying a few days with fellow travelers from the Tyler and Dallas, TX areas. Seven coaches total.View attachment 18103
I did that in 2021 going east on our winter Gulf Coast tour. If you are going to continue east, the Cameron Ferry on 82 is a no-go. Its big enough but the approach is too steep (a big inverted V that you have to drive over) and the coach would bottom out. I was able to get on in my 30’ Bay Star, but not 35’ Ventana.
1D905F2F-C768-4E6D-910D-E20713432875.jpeg

St. Joseph, MO

Decided to give the Love’s RV Hookup a try. This was a backin with rocks on the sides. Already at least 4 rocks have been moved. Electric and water hookups, no sewer
5DEB2B1A-D34E-4C64-B890-F150F3F31F71.jpeg
12C83CF1-D490-4A55-89CF-A8700024D1CD.jpeg

What's with the rocks? Protection for the grass?

Still haven't opened the generator bay?

What's with the rocks? Protection for the grass?
Yep, this is quite common around campgrounds for protection. Sadly it has damaged RV's, I saw a Tiffin Phaeton misjudge years ago and took out left rear. Watch that tail swing, I got bitten once...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back