• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Left a beautiful morning in Nashville for a scenic sunset in Gulf Shores, Alabama.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

IMG_7076.jpeg
IMG_7077.jpeg
IMG_7078.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Harris Ranch on I-5, Coalinga Ca.; free parking for RVs although as with HH, the parking is free but you still tend to spend some $. We are with our neighbors tonight (in the Unity) of all people. As luck would have it we realized a couple days ago that we were both going to be here tonight as our journeys converged. So we are having dinner together, then going our separate ways again tomorrow. We’ll meet up again on New Years Eve as our trails cross once again. None of it planned - love a happy coincidence. The Schoolie is a Thomas with a new Cat engine - one very stout and capable rig. Cheers!
IMG_2404.jpeg

Last edited:
Harris Ranch on I-5, Coalinga Ca.; free parking for RVs although as with HH, the parking is free but you still tend to spend some $. We are with our neighbors tonight (in the Unity) of all people. As luck would have it we realized a couple days that we were both going to be here tonight as our journeys converged. So we are having dinner together, then going our separate ways again tomorrow. We’ll meet up again on New Years Eve as our trails cross once again. None of it planned - love a happy coincidence. The Schoolie is a Thomas with a new Cat engine - one very stout and capable rig. Cheers!View attachment 22325
Amazing how journeys can intertwine sometimes. We’ve run into good friends randomly on the road a couple of times.

Cutting across Louisiana on I-10 headed for Garner state park Texas Concan Tx

FOY for two months. Sunset over the Salton Sea - Just got here and completed the basic set-up, and then I had to race to the roof to get the shot in time.
IMG_3187.jpeg

Getting set up - not a great site (too narrow and not very neighborly neighbors) but a great view and direct access to the desert.
IMG_2885.jpeg

Last edited:
Carowinds Camp Wilderness Resort in Charlotte, NC for an overnighter.
IMG_1565.jpeg

Final stop of our Christmas trip … home to unpack. After reflecting on our trip and the few things that were problematic, we realized that after six camping seasons we have been in the coach over 500 nights and driven over 46K miles. Hard to complain, and what an opportunity to show our kids the country we are blessed to live in.

Attachments

• IMG_7150.jpeg
    IMG_7150.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
Lost Dutchman State Park, Apache Junction, Az. Our annual trip out here to get the dog out of the neighborhood away from the New Years eve fireworks. We've been coming here for the last 10 years or so, its close to my sisters house. lots of hiking trails and
20231231_092155[1].jpg
close to a number of 4x4 trails. This is a level back in site with water and 50 amp. Dump station is an easy haul for the tote. Fantastic sunrise and sunsets against the mountains.

Tifton Overnight RV Park in Tifton, GA. This is one of those fully automated parks, and it works quite well. No amenities to speak of, and at $65/night, it’s a little spendy for what it is, but it is immaculately maintained and the site dimensions listed on their website are spot on. I was able to stuff all 73’ of myself in a site that is listed at 74’. The only drawback is the sewer is waaaaay back there, so I got to use the garden hose method for the first time.

IMG_1568.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back