• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
And for those that don't know, if using an iPhone open the COMPASS app and it will show you the elevation at the bottom.

That IS a beautiful park! what's the elevation? weather?
Elevation is around 3200 feet. Weather is fairly arid but we’ve been having regular evening showers. Average high in September is 72 degrees. An added bonus is the park is adjacent to the Mickelson Trail which is an abandoned rail line converted to a hiking/biking trail.

And for those that don't know, if using an iPhone open the COMPASS app and it will show you the elevation at the bottom.
✋🏻 Didn't know - mine wasn't showing it - reinstalled it and it does now. Thank you!
I did have to allow it to know location when using the app - not sure if that had been disabled before I reinstalled it.

Lakewood RV in Flatrock NC for a week before heading back up to Sevierville for the Hoots rally. 55 and over park with very friendly residents. Good cable and OTA, decent Verizon signal. Full hookups with level sites for the most part. Nice laid back area with a few small towns close by to explore. 58 deg this morning, yeah!
20220919_091647.jpg
20220918_184458.jpg

Custer’s Gulch RV Part located east of Custer, SD. Nice park ran by nice folks. ATT is two bars but their Wi-Fi game is fairly strong. Got 17 down and 4 up this morning. They have five ‘channels’ to choose from. Views aren’t as expansive as Rafter J but it is a gulch that Custer and his army camped at.

0C4D90F1-8B33-4192-9355-BA310DC43F8E.jpeg
DF380CBC-FBB5-449C-B6D9-7031B72599A7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Relaxing at Rio Chama RV Park until 9/21, then down to Santa Fe, NM
View out the front of our motorhome, and view out the side door. We registered very early this year, with a request for a riverfront site, but didn't get assigned to one until several months later - we were delighted - they're in high demand. Our dining table overlooks the river so closely that it seems like we're almost on top of it.
'The park is older, and the showers/RR are like trailers? but I liked them, to Bob's great surprise, They're not elegant or updated, but in NINE stops of this trip, they are the most functional I've encountered so far. I suppose being older, they had time to develope what actually is functional
Weird wifi - of course the park wifi is only usable at 3 am, and Verizon- Fair to good speed, when ift finally connects.
Be prepared to cook - no restaurants seem to be open for supper when we looked online. Maybe 3 decent-looking places, 3-4 others look dive-ish, but that doesn't mean bad. Small, poor town, heavily dependent on train attraction. Decent grocery store.
We're here Mon-Wed, and in mid-September, soooo. not exactly peak days.

3981DE9B-50D2-46B2-B9D2-5D027613C684.jpeg

184AF7EA-9D54-4FA4-857A-ECF4E5B11CFA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning from Nashville! Staying at Four Corners RV Resort. It is hot, humid and LOTS of bugs, but the company is great (Lisa and Bill @NWIP). Try to overlook the moronic parking job - I was having a day.

1663688467785.jpeg

Good morning from Nashville! Staying at Four Corners RV Resort. It is hot, humid and LOTS of bugs, but the company is great (Lisa and Bill @NWIP). Try to overlook the moronic parking job - I was having a day.

View attachment 14620
Lookin' good Renee! After missing Lisa and Bill at Spartan a few weeks ago, we will finally get to meet at Deer Springs next month...gonna be there at the same time.

After missing Lisa and Bill at Spartan a few weeks ago, we will finally get to meet at Deer Springs next month...gonna be there at the same time.
Sounds like a good time is gonna be had at Deer Springs. 😊

Latest resources

Back