Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Why is the water spigot at dump stations non-potable?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
What is the distance from the dump port and your spigot at your campsite? Is there code that mandates this distance?
No!

That doesn't mean that people don't do stupid things! It only means that it is less likely to spread water born illness!

What is the distance from the dump port and your spigot at your campsite? Is there code that mandates this distance?
There should be but we’ve all seen so many different configurations, including the water less than a foot from the sewer hookup that I’d say this is completely unregulated. Maybe in Ca where everything else is regulated…

There should be but we’ve all seen so many different configurations, including the water less than a foot from the sewer hookup that I’d say this is completely unregulated. Maybe in Ca where everything else is regulated…
I think Calli is beautiful! Not enough to go there,but beautiful just the same! I have made a choice to avoid their regulations, I even think China would be proud when looking at how they have handled their population!

If the population there have no problems, then we should leave them in peace!

For me, if they try increasing any more control in my state, I may be motivated to hit the streets!!!

I flush my stink slinky every time before I leave the camp site. I use this tool connected to my orange grey water hose. I leave one end connected to the dump station and spray using this device. It is a one way deal. Not sure why you guys are afraid to clean your stuff.

I flush my stink slinky every time before I leave the camp site. I use this tool connected to my orange grey water hose. I leave one end connected to the dump station and spray using this device. It is a one way deal. Not sure why you guys are afraid to clean your stuff.

I clean mine with a tank full of soapy grey water. No need to do anything more.

🤣🤣🤣it needs more instructions on the box though! Just can't figure why that anti-siphon thingy on the hose Bibb keeps plugging up 😁😁😁. Oh well, we'll let the next user deal with it!!!

I do too but there is always something that didn't get flushed out, paper bits and stuff. This thing blasts water in a fan so it takes care of it. I've had many people watch me do this and say "I gotta get me one". The price seems to have doubled since I bought mine in 2018.

1722797578472.jpeg

You can't cure stupid, Buddy.

Latest resources

Back