RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Fulltimer
No

7.1.0b11 Firmware has been released! - Epic Speed-test contest coming soon!​

September 17, 2021 - Meridian, Idaho -​
WiFiRanger has just released a major upgrade to its firmware (version 7.1.0b11) which provides major data throughput improvements, compatibility with 5G cellular modems, an updated user interface and lots of new features. The new update is accompanied by a detailed WiFiRanger User’s Guide so users can easily familiarize themselves with the new features.

Some b11” firmware release highlights:

Support for 5G cellular
Software improvements now deliver faster internet speeds
Faster overall control panel command response
More intuitive control panel interface (clearer messaging and simplified logic)
Simplified access to control panel using automatic redirect
Easier control panel access from smartphones (both iOS and Android)
Automated login to filtered sites
More accurate and faster speed tests
Multiple “bug fixes” and general enhancements

Epic Speed-test Contest

We will be rolling out what we are calling an "Epic Speed-test Contest" for RV'ers and RV Parks! Upgrade your firmware today to 7.1.0b11, to be eligible to participate!

Stay tuned for more information and contest rules!

If you do not see the 7.1.0b11 firmware upgrade available after checking for updates in your Control Panel. Contact our customer service team, and we will gladly help you acquire this incredible firmware update.

All - I posted above, I got e-mail about this. I am going to attempt to do this next time I am at coach and out from under metal building, think I can use phone as hotspot and get it that way. We will see what we see. Realize, this can and has been sore subject in past, maybe this time they got it right. Let me know here if you upgrade and it works better for you. When I do it I will report here.

I tried many times to update mine, without any luck. Called WF Ranger and left a message. No call back yet.

Does not bode well for mine then. Another level of frustration for technology. Sometimes I think if some of these companies had to really be regulated, it would be a better outcome. I used to believe in free markets, but lately believe maybe breaking all them up and into small pieces might be better for all of us.

I tried many times to update mine, without any luck. Called WF Ranger and left a message. No call back yet.
At present only Converge series WiFiRanger routers are automatically getting this update. Owners of other model Ranger routers can call or email WiFiRanger to get their devices "pointed" at the update. Not all of our other models can handle this update so it's important that we do this on a case by case basis. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes you.

Does not bode well for mine then. Another level of frustration for technology. Sometimes I think if some of these companies had to really be regulated, it would be a better outcome. I used to believe in free markets, but lately believe maybe breaking all them up and into small pieces might be better for all of us.

I don't know what model Ranger you have but the update will work on GoAC/Elite AC models plus most SkyPro and Sky models. We try to make our firmware compatible with as many of our legacy devices as possible.

Mine has the WiFi Ranger Sky 3 unit installed. So what exactly must I do, can I use phone as hotspot and try to get update?

Mine has the WiFi Ranger Sky 3 unit installed. So what exactly must I do, can I use phone as hotspot and try to get update?

If you can provide me the Ranger's 6-digit ID number I can verify if it is able to handle this update. If it can I will "point" it at the update.

At present only our Converge series of WiFiRanger routers are automatically being updated. Our other models are being handled manually to ensure that they can support the new firmware.

If you do update please be sure that your Ranger is connected to a stable WiFi source such as your home or a cellular hotspot or phone.

Hmmm, you would think I would have made a note of it and have it stored on this PC, but alas, I do not. I will have to go over to it and get the number. So i do not forget, I have written a note to myself. Once I get that data, you can let me know what else to do.

Hmmm, you would think I would have made a note of it and have it stored on this PC, but alas, I do not. I will have to go over to it and get the number. So i do not forget, I have written a note to myself. Once I get that data, you can let me know what else to do.
The number should be on a sticker on the outside of the enclosure on the roof. It's different from the sticker that might be inside the RV which only provides the last four digits of the ID number.

Latest resources

Back