• Commercial/Vendors welcome

WiFiRanger 7.1.0b11 firmware release - For those who have this system

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If you can provide me the Ranger's 6-digit ID number I can verify if it is able to handle this update. If it can I will "point" it at the update.

At present only our Converge series of WiFiRanger routers are automatically being updated. Our other models are being handled manually to ensure that they can support the new firmware.

If you do update please be sure that your Ranger is connected to a stable WiFi source such as your home or a cellular hotspot or phone.
Thanks for your help to this community. I looked at my software level and I show 7.0.8 and my ID is 899082. Looks as if I’m a few levels behind, correct?

Thanks for your help to this community. I looked at my software level and I show 7.0.8 and my ID is 899082. Looks as if I’m a few levels behind, correct?
No, actually 7.0.8 was the last "general release" of the firmware prior to last week's update. The new release is 7.1.0b11 and eventually we'll get to one labeled 7.1.0.

You weren't able to see an update because, at present only our Converge series of WiFiRanger routers are automatically being updated. Our other models are being handled manually to ensure that they can support the new firmware.

I've now "pointed" your Rangers to the new firmware you should now be able to update. Please be sure that your Ranger is connected to a stable WiFi source such as your home or a cellular hotspot or phone.

Thanks, I’ll attempt update and report back

With @docj’s help I was able to install the new firmware. Thanks

Hi Joel,
My Router is GoAC model. ID 798621. Any idea if it can be up?
Thanks

How big is the update? I have limited cellular data.

Hi Joel,
My Router is GoAC model. ID 798621. Any idea if it can be up?
Thanks
Yes, GoACs can handle the new update. I've already gone ahead and "pointed" the update at your Ranger, so you should be go to go with the update. JUst make sure that the Ranger is connected to a stable WiFi such as your home WiFi or a cellular hotspot or phone.

How big is the update? I have limited cellular data.
I really have no idea how big it is because it downloads directly to the router. However, it takes <10 minutes to download over a ~10 Mbps connection so it can't be all that large.

I really have no idea how big it is because it downloads directly to the router. However, it takes <10 minutes to download over a ~10 Mbps connection so it can't be all that large.
Tnx. I will have to wait til I get back home. I have just under 2 Mbps here.

Thank you Joel.
I updated it late last night and worked fine.

Latest resources

Back