• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Will This Setup Work?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
40 Sq ft is what I saw others mention for their older models. Given that nothing else in that chart is different for the AWD 3.6L, I'd assume the 40sqft is the same as well. If you look at frontal area of any non-popup trailer I think they'd all be eliminated.
Yea, and I have to think the profile would make a big difference. Newer trailers are so curved! And granted, my Durango is a hemi, but the frontal area of my old trailer was over this and was about the same as what you're looking at and I didn't even feel it behind me! My new one will be well over this...

Yea, and I have to think the profile would make a big difference. Newer trailers are so curved! And granted, my Durango is a hemi, but the frontal area of my old trailer was over this and was about the same as what you're looking at and I didn't even feel it behind me! My new one will be well over this...
I was wondering if the curvature of the wolf pup would help. The Escape I just mentioned is more flat in the front, like a wall. Maybe the curvature of the wolf pup would actually make a difference?

I was wondering if the curvature of the wolf pup would help. The Escape I just mentioned is more flat in the front, like a wall. Maybe the curvature of the wolf pup would actually make a difference?it feel like it would
I'm no physicist but it intuitively feels like it would significantly decrease the resistance.

It really is about fluid dynamics! Sometimes it pays to watch videos of wind tunnel testing.

There are charts on the net showing drag at different speeds that help one visualize short comings in a design. Honestly I don't see much out there that spurs my imagination as aerodynamically sound.

Bread loaf designs seem to offer the best compromise. Consider planning hull vs displacement hull boats while studying aerodynamic.

On paper it works, but better hope for no wind, no hills and no need to stop quickly or the need to run your AC.

On paper it works, but better hope for no wind, no hills and no need to stop quickly or the need to run your AC.
Do you think the durango, along with a brake controller can't stop the trailer? And if I load the trailer to a max of 4,500 lbs, evenly distributed 60/40 it will still have sway? I'm assuming most of my speed will be 55-60 mph, depending on how it feels. I live in the upper Midwest so it's not too hilly.

I'm not questioning you I'm just seeking a reasoning

You can't predict giving yourself space from unpredictable things. Its not just cars that are unpredictable.

Rick

“Will this setup work” and “Is this the ideal setup” are different questions.

Latest resources

Back