• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Wings in an Air Fryer?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Wow, I'm impressed. Wings in the air fryer, who would have thought!
We've got a counter top convection oven that is also an air fryer and a toaster. Wings on the air fryer setting are awesome!!! No grease and the wings are crispy. Just douse them with the sauce of your choice after you turn them and it will cook the sauce into the wings. Works real good for Teriyaki or Habanaro Pineapple because the sugar carmelizes on there really well. Regular hot sauce works well too.

Wings on the air fryer setting are awesome!!! No grease and the wings are crispy.
I'm convinced! We just had wings the other night and trish was going to do them in the air fryer. But I was afraid they wouldn't be as good so I talked her into putting them in the grease fryer instead. I wish I had kept my mouth shut now!

I'm convinced! We just had wings the other night and trish was going to do them in the air fryer. But I was afraid they wouldn't be as good so I talked her into putting them in the grease fryer instead. I wish I had kept my mouth shut now!
Wait until you try them the first time. You won't go back!! My advice is to put them in the air fryer frozen for about 10-15 minutes. Then turn them over. This way you get both sides crispy. I also pour off any water that's in the pan from them thawing out. (it looks gross to me!) After another 10-15 minutes on the second side pull them out and sauce them puppiues up and put them back in until they look like you want them to.
homer drool GIF

You might try doing ...

Frango à Passarinho​

It’s Brazilian style chicken wings...although most commonly made in Brazil with chunks of bone in thigh meat. It is customarily fried in a pressure cooker...with a large late addition of chopped garlic, there just long enough to caramelize to the point of becoming crunchy...but not burnt.

The recipe I had used long ago was to marinate the chunks in beer, garlic, and lime juice... fry in the pressure cooker until done and the skin super-crispy. Toss in a bunch of finely chopped garlic to brown. Then make sure garlic pieces stick to the chicken as it’s removed from the fryer.

Served with PÃO FRANCÊS (small French bread rolls), Mayo, and hot sauce.

If you are a garlic freak...you’ll never go back to Buffalo style after having it Brazilian Style.

There are lots of recipes if you Google them...but you will most likely have to use a language translator, unless you are familiar with Portuguese.

Latest resources

Back