Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I typically smoke wings on my pellet grill but @MapNerd raves of the wings in the Air Fryer which we both have. So what's the key to good wings in an Air Fryer? What's your method of Air Frying wings and saucing them?

1. Pat your wings dry after removing from package. Your wings should be fully thawed.
2. Coat in oil, salt and whatever other seasonings you like.
3. Arrange your thicker wings in a circle as shown on the bottom of the fryer
EBF13E63-2BC0-4816-BE61-9D27999B5619.jpeg

4. Drop in your air fryer insert and arrange your thinner wings as shown
8CC9C87A-C1D5-4876-99AD-FEE9F4386D26.jpeg

5. On the instant pot, select Air Fryer, then set to 360 degrees
6. Check them periodically, every 8-12 minutes or so. Cook until golden and crispy. Your top wings will be done before the bottom wings.
7. When done, remove and insert into mouth or alternatively, toss em in a mixing bowl with of your sauce of preference and give them a toss until thinly coated. We use Noble Made Mild Buffalo which you can grab from Whole Foods, also known as Whole Paycheck.

The only issue we’ve really run into other than fuses is that it just barely makes enough for all four of us. I could honestly eat an entire round by myself that that’s a different problem.

Great info, thanks @MapNerd. Maybe it's time for a pellet grill for higher volume wingage?

Great info, thanks @MapNerd. Maybe it's time for a pellet grill for higher volume wingage?
Actually we use the convection oven for high volume wingage. Not quite as good as the air fryer but they still turn out very nicely. I’ve been debating a pellet grill but the S&B spoiled me with a big green egg for 10 years so I’m considering a little green egg. For now, we just use a little Weber electric that kills a small piece of my soul every time I pull it out. Not because it’s bad, it’s a handy little grill that gets the job done but there’s no smoking of ribs happening with that thing.

I was late to the pellet grill game, never saw one in use but heard a lot about them. Then in a CG once upon a time I saw someone cooking on one and figured I have to try that. Ordered from Amazon and was amazed. Still love it. I dare you to try it :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078RXH95C/?tag=rvf01-20

I was late to the pellet grill game, never saw one in use but heard a lot about them. Then in a CG once upon a time, I saw someone cooking on one and figured I have to try that. Ordered from Amazon and was amazed. Still love it. I dare you to try it :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078RXH95C/?tag=rvf01-20
Just finished rack ribs on the grill you posted above. I like the CG grill better then the Traeger I have at home.

Did wings in my Cosori Air Fryer tonight. Came out great. Not the best choice in hot sauce but the wings themselves turned out great.

Wow, I'm impressed. Wings in the air fryer, who would have thought!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back