• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Y-split adapter to get more power at a 30-amp site

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not trying to sound flip, but you use what you've got. I've seen many people try to rig something up and later regret it.
Also, just my observations, my wife and I try to book parks that have 50 amp. Some don't, but in all our trekking around the country I haven't yet not been able to find one that suited our needs.
Just be careful. I just want to throw this into the conversation.
Get yourself a multimeter and always check your pedestal. Many of the older parks aren't up to code and nothing will cook your rig quicker than an open ground. I've seen it many times. A meter can save your rig
Yes we've come to the conclusion that, as Rich put it, we don't want to 'displease the electronics' on an expensive rv. We saw many thoughtful comments about safety, good explanations from knowledgeable folks. Thank you all - we've decided to bite the bullet and look into soft-start (on sale right now). AND we're trying to stick to 50-amp campgrounds.

The 800+ mostly positive reviews on the etrailer link above reveal that this does work with caveats as described in the reviews. I certainly wouldn’t use it without an EMS checking for proper wiring and electrical conditions before allowing power Into RV.

Latest resources

Back