Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

You’ve heard of dynamic pricing, haven’t you? Airlines, hotels and Uber drivers practice it.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Old-RV'er

RVF Expert
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Fulltimer
No
We are/were trying to stay in Eastern TN. So I searched for all the RV parks near where we wanted to be. I found several parks and decided on getting quotes from 2 of those. The first one was Lakeview RV Park, and the second was Shadrack RV Park.

So I called Lakeview, and for 5 days was quoted 318.65, which is very close to $70.00 a night. Now keep in mind this place is not a high end Motorcoach Resort, just your ordinary RV park packed in like sardines. The only thing they have is the Bristol, TN Racetrack, but for my dates of visit, not activity was happening. I told the person, their RV park is not work 70.00 a night. I have only stayed in two RV parks worth anything like that, one in FL, and the other right here near where we live. In season, Crossing Creek is 90+ a night, but as long as you get on the high end (elevation) you will be fine if it rains long and hard. The place is well worth that fee, I won't pay it but lots of folks do, or own their own site in there. Here is the link to Lakeview if you want to pay high dollar. Lakeview RV Park | Explore Bluff City & Bristol TN - .

The second place was Shadrack RV Park, and we are staying there for those 5 nights for 200+ with a Good Sam discount. Full hook up at 50A. So when searching for places to stay, it will behoove you to check rates, because lots of campgrounds are going to the "dynamic pricing". If we as customers don't call them on it, we will get screwed. Just another reason to consider leaving RV'ing, because the costs of RV's, the cost of fuel, and the cost of staying and also finding a place is well, getting outside my level of what I will pay. I can stay home lots cheaper than the 300K RV, the almost 3.00+ gallon for fuel, and RV parks who are only thinking of the bottom line, and not the end customer. I don't need to fly, don't need a hotel/motel room, and will never take an Uber, et-al period.

We are finding that some areas seem to have a deficit of RV park competition, hence leading to higher rates. Eastern TN appears to be one of those areas. We also don’t like to pay these higher nightly fees and so far have avoided certain areas due to these high fees.

For eastern TN, we found a RV park just a little west (45 min) of where we wanted to be, but the rates are much more reasonable. Heading there next weekend, hoping it turns out to be a good home base for our exploring.

How many others are staying in RV parks 45 min or an hour from the area you want to explore, in order to get reasonable rates?

That would be my strategy.

All - As I sit here in the Shardrack RV Campground, in Bristol, TN, about 3/4trs mile from the Bristol Speedway. I am wondering why any, RV Park would go to dynamic pricing.
The Lakeview park mentioned above is not as nice as the place we are staying, nor close to anything you might want to shop or go to. So the pricing model for them is well, don't make no sense to me for sure. That park is on 4 levels, the spaces seemed level, but closer together, and possibly not as easy to navigate around in, if very large rig. It's almost on, the highway you use to get to it, so based on what we saw, how it's laid out, and the pricing model, we do NOT recommend it.

The Shadrack one however, we highly recommend if you are coming here for race, or just to visit area. I would make reservations as early out as possible. The power is good, water pressure is good, bathrooms are quite nice, clean. I have to run A/C because of heat, but, I cannot hear the highway above the park. All the spots are level gravel. The staff is friendly. Shadrack is highly recommended. The layout is different, some pull throughs, some back-ins, water is shared by two spots it seems. Some spots have shade trees, but those are 30A spots. It is easy to get into and out of. Roads could use some grading, but not bad if go slow.

All - Report on Shadrack was great park, provided, it does not storm with lots of rain. The office did say, the park can flood if enough rain falls, or a lot of rain in short period of time. We had rain, but no flooding, nice place to stay if WX is going to cooperate. Now going to Check COE parks in TN to see availability. About mile from Bristol Raceway and two miles from the Bristol Dragstrip. Almost across the street is a drive in movie theater, so that was neat, but not showing while we visited. Most every restaurant know to man around that area, so you want miss out for your favorite place to eat.

all - You might want to follow this thread at the link below, part two will be released tomorrow, the newsletter is free and is mostly informative, have seen and purchased several "tips and things" mentioned to make my journeys more safety conscious. The dynamic pricing scheme will remove the little fellow from the equation, as they will be priced out of the market. I know I won't pay over 45 a night unless it's a 5 start rated resort, with concrete pads, and full hookups, and excellent 50A power.

Latest resources

Back