• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

modrob

RVF Regular
Well…the next problem I’ve uncovered…
Ran the generator last night to supply some power during a service outage…fired up and ran smooth, but nothing on AC outlets. I know that when on shore power it’s good. There is an automatic transfer box located in the rearmost bay, alongside the genset. Nothing appears to be amiss with it from a visual inspection…breaker panel inside all are ON.
Am I missing something?

There should also be a breaker on the generator itself.

Do you have an inverter with breaker(s)? If yes, check the inverter breaker. As Kevin suggested, do a reset there as well

6369434C-FC97-4F19-9784-6B7B6EA4534A.jpeg

LYGHT Automatic Transfer switch

Do you have an inverter with breaker(s)? If yes, check the inverter breaker. As Kevin suggested, do a reset there as well
Again, If I remember right, I believe a tech at Tiffin told me my coach didn’t have an inverter…best I can tell there is nothing resembling that attached to my breaker panel, located near the floor in the hallway. I had found a unit mounted on the passenger side front bay that wasn’t showing any life—found it to be the converter so a new one had to be ordered…that fixed the 12v system…

Tonight I tried the genset again…flipped breakers and nothing. I clicked the roof AC fans ON, and I heard a faint click from them but nothing else…
Next I’ll go to the auto switch and see if I can find voltage in and out…

Check and see if your GFI outlets tripped. They could have tripped. One of mine does occasionally when switching power sources.

Latest resources

Back