• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question 2024 Dutchstar fuel economy

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We have an older unit 2006 Coachman Encore 40TS with a 330hp Mercedes Diesel. We have 87,000 miles on it now. When I purchased it the coach only had 47,000 miles so it was not even broken in yet. Our toad is a 4 wheel drive F150 SuperCrew. We average 7.6.-8.4 mpg Without the toad it jumps about 1 mile per. The best ever was coming up from Florida one trip we ran 9.8. Our lowest has been 6.3mpg. While I have never bought any vehicle because on the mileage proclamations I do watch the mileage if nothing else to see how the engine is performing. Fuel consumption is a good indicator as longs as you are aware of the conditions you are driving in. Most times I track actual mileage and gallons used and calculate this simple mileage.

Superstar setup so a bit different but we have been getting a big difference based on travel speed.

Running about 60 I am close to 9mpg.

Running 65 it has been closer to 8.

Of course we only have about 5k on it so far so not even close to getting things broke in.

I use 7 mpg and 90 in the tanks based on where the fill caps are to calculate range. We don’t have the fancy mpg indicator in the dash so all ours are calculated.

One of the Supreme Air owners we met at the mothership said he dreamed of hitting 7.

On our recent trip down from Newmar, the DSDP averaged slightly more than 7 mpg. Around 45.5K in weight towing a Ford Flex.

Normal? Or does this engine need more than 1200 miles to get true Average Fuel Stats?
Does anybody really know what time it is?

Downhill with tail wind from NM, 7300' TO 3800', good milage
20231129_100817.jpg

You know, I can’t imagine why

Yep, its time for me to recalculate my mileage. Either I added, subtracted, divided, or multiplied wrong. Then of course there is the blasted decimal place.

No matter the mileage I have lots of money in the bank otherwise the bank wouldn't have sent me this big box of checks.

Yep, its time for me to recalculate my mileage. Either I added, subtracted, divided, or multiplied wrong. Then of course there is the blasted decimal place.

No matter the mileage I have lots of money in the bank otherwise the bank wouldn't have sent me this big box of checks.
You guys got checks?

You guys got checks?
Well yeah. Its less complicated to write a check than just walk into my bank with a scrap piece of paper asking for their money. They really get excited when the loud bell goes off. What I don't understand is why the doors all lock when that blasted bell goes off. Now you know why I have checks.

Latest resources

Back