Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Starting at $613,785​

Very nice motorhome.

Starting at $613,785​
One error in the video. Electric in floor heat is now standard, not an option as it was in the past. Angie's walkthrough of the 2023 New Aire covers everything. The only changes I can find for 2024 are colors, trim, a floor plan add and a floor plan delete.

For those considering a New Aire I think I have pieced together the near term production schedule for this Newmar model. By finding various New Aire Production Order Reports it appears the first 2018 New Aires began around production number 710204 built during the Summer of 2017. I think the reason they began with production numbers around 200 is there was a run of coaches made 8 to 10 years earlier called New Aire. In any event I had one of the first modern New Aire's made in the Summer of 2017 and it was Production Number 710215 an NADP 3343. The "71" designates the New Aire model line.

I was just assigned a production number for my NADP 3543 order scheduled right now for a December delivery. The production number on that coach is 711590. So it appears since M/Y 2018 around 1,390 New Aires have been produced.

There was just a sighting of a 2024 New Aire coming out of paint with a production number of 71562. I also discovered Independence RV in Florida ordered at least three 2024 New Aire's in May of 2023 with production numbers of 711556, 711557 and 711558. Those coaches are advertised on the Independence RV website as "Ordered" but not sold. Since 71562 just came out of paint the Independence RV orders should be getting to the dealer soon. Right now there is only one 2024 New Aire sitting on a dealer lot ready for sale in the country at TransWest in Belton, MO.

Putting the numbers together between the NA just out of paint and my December delivery it would appear they are going to build 28 New Aires from now until the end of December. NIRVC tells me if my NA delivers in December it will be one of the last just before a three week holiday shutdown at the Newmar plant.

Given a production rate of 7 coaches a day and around 40 production days until the middle of December, Newmar should be making around 280 coaches of all models, with New Aires accounting for around 14% of the model mix.

Maybe more than many need to know, but if you are going to order it is helpful to know the state of play. FYI, when I order my NA, NIRVC said if I wanted a Freightliner I could have it in December but if I wanted a Spartan, Spring would be the earliest to get delivery. Almost all of the 2023 New Aires currently sitting on dealer lots are on a Spartan chassis. The only 2024 New Aire available today at TransWest is on a Spartan chassis. So it would appear, right now, the Spartan chassis is still in demand for the New Aire.

Update: Two 2024 New Aires just arrived at Independence RV, production number 711533, a Spartan based NADP 3539 and production number 711540, a Freightliner based NADP 3547. So Independence RV in Winter Garden, FL appears to be the place to go if you want a New Aire ready to go.

Last edited:
For those considering a New Aire I think I have pieced together the near term production schedule for this Newmar model. By finding various New Aire Production Order Reports it appears the first 2018 New Aires began around production number 710204 built during the Summer of 2017. I think the reason they began with production numbers around 200 is there was a run of coaches made 8 to 10 years earlier called New Aire. In any event I had one of the first modern New Aire's made in the Summer of 2017 and it was Production Number 710215 an NADP 3343. The "71" designates the New Aire model line.

I was just assigned a production number for my NADP 3543 order scheduled right now for a December delivery. The production number on that coach is 711590. So it appears since M/Y 2018 around 1,390 New Aires have been produced.

There was just a sighting of a 2024 New Aire coming out of paint with a production number of 71562. I also discovered Independence RV in Florida ordered at least three 2024 New Aire's in May of 2023 with production numbers of 711556, 711557 and 711558. Those coaches are advertised on the Independence RV website as "Ordered" but not sold. Since 71562 just came out of paint the Independence RV orders should be getting to the dealer soon. Right now there is only one 2024 New Aire sitting on a dealer lot ready for sale in the country at TransWest in Belton, MO.

Putting the numbers together between the NA just out of paint and my December delivery it would appear they are going to build 28 New Aires from now until the end of December. NIRVC tells me if my NA delivers in December it will be one of the last just before a three week holiday shutdown at the Newmar plant.

Given a production rate of 7 coaches a day and around 40 production days until the middle of December, Newmar should be making around 280 coaches of all models, with New Aires accounting for around 14% of the model mix.

Maybe more than many need to know, but if you are going to order it is helpful to know the state of play. FYI, when I order my NA, NIRVC said if I wanted a Freightliner I could have it in December but if I wanted a Spartan, Spring would be the earliest to get delivery. Almost all of the 2023 New Aires currently sitting on dealer lots are on a Spartan chassis. The only 2024 New Aire available today at TransWest is on a Spartan chassis. So it would appear, right now, the Spartan chassis is still in demand for the New Aire.

Update: Two 2024 New Aires just arrived at Independence RV, production number 711533, a Spartan based NADP 3539 and production number 711540, a Freightliner based NADP 3547. So Independence RV in Winter Garden, FL appears to be the place to go if you want a New Aire ready to go.
Nicely done.

Production Order Report for my build.

Production Order Report.jpg

Attachments

• #11156 Confirmation Anderson copy.pdf
    66 KB · Views: 7
Working my way through the 2024 New Aire systems and comparing those systems to the original New Aire in the 2018 MY. So far the biggest difference I have found is in the 12 volt electrical system. The 2018 NA had eight AGM, 6 volt batteries with 800 amp hours available, nominally 50% of those amp hours are only usable. The 2024 NA comes with two, 320 amp hour lithium iron batteries, giving 640 amp hours, most of which is functionally useable. The eight, 6 volt batteries in 2018 NA weighed 500 lbs while the two 320 ah Lithionics batteries in the 2024 NA weight 136 lbs.

The 2018 New Aire amazingly did not come with a battery management system. So without optional equipment there was no way to know the state of charge of those eight AGM batteries. The 2024 NA comes with a Lithionics BMS with a modular "plug and play" socket system to add more batteries.

Battery Bay Lithionics.jpg

The Lithionics BMS is also plugged into the RV-C Sliverleaf network that allows it to supply battery information including state of charge to Silverleaf displays. The 2018 Silverleaf displays only displayed battery voltage.

Silverleaf Battery Display.jpg

And finally, the 2024 New Aire comes with twin Xantrex inverter/chargers. Both chargers are available to quickly charge the Lithionics batteries but more importantly there is now battery charging redundancy should one of the inverter/chargers fail. Also note the active ventilation of the battery/inverter bays in the cargo doors on the 2024 New Aire. The inverter storage area in the 2018 New Aire was not ventilated and the AGM batteries were actually mounted in a bay behind the left front tire allowing water and other debris to enter the battery storage area.

Battery Bay Inverter 2.jpg

Bottom line the 12 volt electrical system beginning in the 2023 New Air model year is a very significant upgrade that I have not seen widely talked about here or on "other" forums.

Has anybody successfully gotten a quote for adding the 3rd lithionics "plug-in-play" expansion battery to their system? I bought my 2023 in May and am still trying to get a quote from the dealer. My assumption is any quote would include the 3rd battery, the 3 battery combiner from lithioncs (adding yet another Y cable to combine them would cause battery cable runs that are not the same length, which isn't good), updating the Silverleaf to know the new total amp hours, and then labor.

Eager to hear of anybody who has either gotten the quote or the work done (by dealer, Newmar, or yourself). With my old rig, in which I installed Battle Borns, I'd just do the work myself...

Thanks,
-Mark

Has anybody successfully gotten a quote for adding the 3rd lithionics "plug-in-play" expansion battery to their system? I bought my 2023 in May and am still trying to get a quote from the dealer. My assumption is any quote would include the 3rd battery, the 3 battery combiner from lithioncs (adding yet another Y cable to combine them would cause battery cable runs that are not the same length, which isn't good), updating the Silverleaf to know the new total amp hours, and then labor.

Eager to hear of anybody who has either gotten the quote or the work done (by dealer, Newmar, or yourself). With my old rig, in which I installed Battle Borns, I'd just do the work myself...

Thanks,
-Mark

I am working on this right now. So let's stay in touch. NIRVC says they will not touch anything lithium even the "plug and play" third battery on the New Aire. Newmar wants $10k for the third battery. I have seen the battery advertised at Lithionics dealers for $4.6k. Looking at Lithionics documentation (still can't find the install manual) we may need a 4 port combiner box to do a 3rd battery. Most likely Newmar used the 2 port modular expansion module.

Can you get a picture of your combiner box with the two battery setup and post it? Looks like it may be behind the two batteries from the on line images I have seen.

Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 9.35.46 AM.jpg

I am working on this right now. So let's stay in touch. NIRVC says they will not touch anything lithium even the "plug and play" third battery on the New Aire. Newmar wants $10k for the third battery. I have seen the battery advertised at Lithionics dealers for $4.6k. Looking at Lithionics documentation (still can't find the install manual) we may need a 4 port combiner box to do a 3rd battery. Most likely Newmar used the 2 port modular expansion module.

Can you get a picture of your combiner box with the two battery setup and post it? Looks like it may be behind the two batteries from the on line images I have seen.

View attachment 20721
Turbopilot,

10k for 320AH?!? Lol. Talk about a mark up!

My rig doesn't have a combiner box. The factory simply used a Lithionics Y cable designed to combine only 2 batteries, hence why I question their plug-in-play marketing claims. Yes, plug-in-play if I unplug the Y combiner cable and plug in a newly added 3 or 4 port combiner, but that's a little beyond simply pluging in that 3rd battery to existing open ports/connectors.

Now in Newmar's defense I do see they did already add an additional Y connector for the battery telemetry port so you can simply plug that into the 3rd battery. However, without the battery power cable combiner already installed, adding another battery Y cable is NOT the right answer...

Yes, let's keep in touch. I am about to give up on the dealer. With Battle Borns I'd be up and running by now as I'd do it myself. With Lithionics being bought by Winnebago my frustration level is beginning to build... I have already had to fix the Newmar factory mistake of them installing the wrong solar controller for Lithionics (they finally put out a recent service bulletin about the mistake and recall/warranty repair for that, but that was after I gave up after being ghosted and fixed it myself).

Have you had any luck with Lithionics directly or are you getting the "go talk to your Newmar dealer" response?

Best,
-Mark

Latest resources

Back