3D Printing and RVing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The latest 3D printing exercise...

When I replaced the original Sanicon hose with the reinforced version, the black floor filler ring did not fit on the new hose. While getting ready for our upcoming trip, I remembered the missing filler ring. 3D printing to the rescue...designed an interlocking 1/2" thick semicircle and printed 2 copies:
IMG_1803.JPGIMG_1807.jpg

The latest 3D printing exercise...

When I replaced the original Sanicon hose with the reinforced version, the black floor filler ring did not fit on the new hose. While getting ready for our upcoming trip, I remembered the missing filler ring. 3D printing to the rescue...designed an interlocking 1/2" thick semicircle and printed 2 copies:
View attachment 2485View attachment 2486

Here's my version:

Here's my version:

I like it! I should have checked Thingiverse first.

I like it! I should have checked Thingiverse first.

I try to design my own because I love learning Fusion and I have to learn Fusion. I balance the do my own and print what others have done. Your design looks great. I am very pleased with the one I did, it really works well.

I try to design my own because I love learning Fusion and I have to learn Fusion. I balance the do my own and print what others have done. Your design looks great. I am very pleased with the one I did, it really works well.
Couldn't agree more....Fusion is SO fun to learn. I have completed a design and actually started over from scratch, just to try a new technique that can accomplish the same result in half the steps. Even though I won't have a 3D printer on our trip, I plan to spend a lot of time playing with Fusion.

Also, I need to figure out a better way to organize my files...still struggling with which files to keep and how to organize (GCODE or STL). If my Fusion files were better organized, could keep everything there and just re-generate when needed. @Neal Have you found a good source for how to organize the files?

Couldn't agree more....Fusion is SO fun to learn. I have completed a design and actually started over from scratch, just to try a new technique that can accomplish the same result in half the steps. Even though I won't have a 3D printer on our trip, I plan to spend a lot of time playing with Fusion.

Also, I need to figure out a better way to organize my files...still struggling with which files to keep and how to organize (GCODE or STL). If my Fusion files were better organized, could keep everything there and just re-generate when needed. @Neal Have you found a good source for how to organize the files?

File organization is critical, yes, I have a system. First in Fusion there are categories so I have a "Tinker" area, a RV area, etc. so my designs are organized within their structure.

I use Dropbox for all of my storage. I have a "3D Printing" folder. Below that I have a STL folder where all .STL files go. I then have a Prints with two sub-folders for each of my 3D printers: Flashforge and Prusa. The .gcode files go into the Prusa folder. I do have sub-folders in each of those for Thingiverse files I keep around. Pretty basic but yes, organized as I hate losing stuff in my file system. I'm terrible with my graphics file storage for my business, etc. that is a constant struggle for me.

3D Printing
-- STL (.stl files)
-- Prints
----Flashforge (.gcode files, and one other Flashforge needs)
----Prusa (.gcode files)

Again, under STL I may have sub-folders for Thingiverse downloads

@Neal, thanks. Do you generate the GCODE files to Dropbox and then copy to an SD card from there? I think maybe the SD card is what is messing me up...I generate from PrusaSlicer directly to the SD card(s) and end up with many test versions and a few final versions that then get lost in the SD shuffle.

@Neal, thanks. Do you generate the GCODE files to Dropbox and then copy to an SD card from there? I think maybe the SD card is what is messing me up...I generate from PrusaSlicer directly to the SD card(s) and end up with many test versions and a few final versions that then get lost in the SD shuffle.

I save the .gcode files to dropbox - yes. When that's done I'm done with PrusaSlicer.

I use a WiFi enabled SD card in the prusa so I can send the gcode files from my browser. I also have the Raspberry Pi setup so I can use that to upload the gcode and even start the print from there which is my latest option.

Here is the "flashair" wifi SD card if you want to do this:

Amazon.com: Toshiba FlashAir W-04 32 GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card: Computers & Accessories

It's a little involved creating a config file to get that to work, I can send you mine or you can find the info on the net including Prusa forums. You'll also have to configure your prusa to let it know it has a flashair sd card inserted.

Otherwise copy the files to the SD card and then insert the card into the prusa is just as easy.

I use a WiFi enabled SD card in the prusa so I can send the gcode files from my browser. I also have the Raspberry Pi setup so I can use that to upload the gcode and even start the print from there which is my latest option.
Interesting...thanks again. Something more to think about :unsure:

Mini bag chip clips, handy little things! Shown holding coffee bags closed.

chipclipmini.png

Latest resources

Back