3D Printing and RVing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
This is one of my favs and highly useful in the RV. A nice battery tray/holder:

I was thinking, if I was a fulltimer and wanted to be able to do 3D printing when my house has limited space available, how could I do this? For those that want to dabble into 3D printing and make their own gadgets and have fun with 3D printing I suggest taking a look at Prusa's newest 3D printer, but smaller in size:

On another note, those of us using Fusion 360 have seen or heard of changes to the subscription that we've been enjoying for free - personal use. They further limited it but not sure it would have affected me. However, I really enjoy Fusion 360 and have no problems paying for something I think deserves my money as a thanks for a job well done. Today I decided to pay for a subscription as they are offering 40% off and in fact I paid for a 3 year subscription which came out to around $266/yr. Not bad for something of this caliber. I pay far more for my developer tools annually. I also may actually make something and sell it someday so I want to ensure I have the full functionality to enjoy. So if you're a Fusion 360 user you may want to take advantage of the current 40% offer you'll see when you run Fusion 360 next. FYI

Thanks @Neal! Ouch...guess I’m in for a surprise when we get back from our trip! I had every intention of honing my Fusion 360 skills while on the road...not once did I log in. All good things must come to an end...

No, don't get me wrong, nothing will change for you, it will still work fine. I probably shouldn't have forked over the money (a little remorse) but I also want to enjoy the full version without restriction. I'm reading quite a few opinions on Facebook in the Fusion 360 group, many seem to still not be buying. I guess Fusion offered free for a long time and are trying to change that but it seems for our simple use all should remain fine. Didn't want to startle anyone, just paying my dues forward for the great product I've been using for free.

I was thinking, if I was a fulltimer and wanted to be able to do 3D printing when my house has limited space available, how could I do this? For those that want to dabble into 3D printing and make their own gadgets and have fun with 3D printing I suggest taking a look at Prusa's newest 3D printer, but smaller in size:

On another note, those of us using Fusion 360 have seen or heard of changes to the subscription that we've been enjoying for free - personal use. They further limited it but not sure it would have affected me. However, I really enjoy Fusion 360 and have no problems paying for something I think deserves my money as a thanks for a job well done. Today I decided to pay for a subscription as they are offering 40% off and in fact I paid for a 3 year subscription which came out to around $266/yr. Not bad for something of this caliber. I pay far more for my developer tools annually. I also may actually make something and sell it someday so I want to ensure I have the full functionality to enjoy. So if you're a Fusion 360 user you may want to take advantage of the current 40% offer you'll see when you run Fusion 360 next. FYI
This seems like a really great little package. The only hesitation I have is the small package limits the print size. Not that I want to print something 7”x7”x7” but I might want to print something 10” x 4” x 2” for example. Is it possible to just buy a larger print plate and rails and put them on this little guy and reconfigure through the menu so that the printer understands that it has a bigger print area? If so, I’d be sold on a highly configurable printer like that.

If you want a larger print volume you'll need a larger printer. Bigger plate won't work if the extruder can't go to those bounds. You can also build pieces and weld them (acetone) together if needed or design them as well to be connected. The only limitation is your imagination.

Bigger plate won't work if the extruder can't go to those bounds.
That’s why I said larger rails too. That would allow the extruder to get there assuming the wires long enough.

maybe I’ll 3D print my own 3D printer.

1608463020377.png

Latest resources

Back