A new style travel trailer?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Always?
Expected (warranted) life, are not in stone. I know what the data sheets say. Been involved in some way with solar for many years. I know conditions in a lab test don't come close to RV install conditions. My numbers are based on my observations, not what data sheets guesstimate. I stand by the opinion that integrated panels on a flexing surface without a frame are a really bad idea. I know that was not the way I said it! I was being nice.

Re the size of the trailers etc. I think it depends where you live and camp. Most of our camping is in provincial parks. Anything over about 24 feet is a tough fit in many sites and really we see a lot around the 20 foot size. Many of these smaller units are a good fit for the electric pickups and people are getting good results with the lower profile units. We see more on the road all the time.
Certainly can vary by region, agreed, but doesn't seem to be the case around here.

There's a very popular, and nice. county park campground less than a mile from my house, last week was their first week open for the season so I took a ride through and my observation was quite different from what you are seeing. There was an impressive number of rigs on site, and a LARGE portion of them were new, or very new looking 5th wheels, a fair number of very fresh looking bumper tow models, and none of them are small. Pretty sure I didn't see any teardrops. BTW, this campground is currently 109 sites and is in the process of building I believe 60 more this summer.

Certainly can vary by region, agreed, but doesn't seem to be the case around here.

There's a very popular, and nice. county park campground less than a mile from my house, last week was their first week open for the season so I took a ride through and my observation was quite different from what you are seeing. There was an impressive number of rigs on site, and a LARGE portion of them were new, or very new looking 5th wheels, a fair number of very fresh looking bumper tow models, and none of them are small. Pretty sure I didn't see any teardrops. BTW, this campground is currently 109 sites and is in the process of building I believe 60 more this summer.
Yah we have seen that as well in certain regions. I think a lot depends on topography or the ease of cutting in camp sites into the bush in mountains. Commercial campgrounds have lots of big sites here but we don’t use them much so don’t see the big units often. We used to when we had our pusher though. There are lots of big sites out there if one needs one. Now we tend to camp in the places we used to drive by because we couldn’t fit. Just a different kind of camping. It’s all good. We see the longer 28 footers drive in but they tend to have a tough time finding spots. There are usually a limited number of sites that would accommodate them but those are the first sites to get snagged by the little rigs. Everybody wants a big site. We try to be courteous and avoid that and leave them for the bigger trailers. We are tiny and can fit anywhere. 😊

6570B3F2-2506-48E3-A0C2-1D41A67E34CC.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back