Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

MOD Added Banjo quick-couplers to the Sani-Con hose today!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
This project had been on the to-do list far too long and I had all the parts in hand (well, most of them), so today was the day. Easy job! In addition to putting fittings on the hose connected to the Sani-Con unit, I also fitted out a spare hose with Banjo fittings as well. What I wasn't able to do...yet...was to put the Banjo fittings between the pump and the connected hose. I need to order one additional set of fittings for that. My math skills failed me when I ordered fittings. :rolleyes:

For this project, I used the Banjo 150 series Polypropylene Cam and Groove fittings with hose shank ends...

Banjo 150E Polypropylene Cam & Groove Fitting, 1-1/2" Male Adapter x Hose Shank: Plumbing Hoses: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Banjo 150C Polypropylene Cam & Groove Fitting, 1-1/2" Female Coupler x Hose Shank: Camlock Hose Fittings: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

...and, some 1.5" ID black silicone radiator hose...

Stainless steel radiator hose clamps were on hand in my shop. I shortened the hose shank on the male fitting on the Sani-Con sewer connector end to reduce the overall length a bit. This made getting that fitting down through the sewer hose port in the floor of the wet bay.

Here are a couple of photos:

SaniCon-2.JPG

SaniCon-3.JPG

TJ

Last edited:
TJ, when you get the last of your fittings, would you please post a pic of the banjo connector at the SaniCon pump...this is a mod I definitely want to do...

Will do. Remember that I'm working with the Sani-Con Turbo 700 unit. Not sure which unit they installed in the 2020 New Aire.

TJ

Isn't the whole premise of the Sanicon system not having to remove the hose and keep the waste contained? I can see using a coupling to add another hose for length, but see no purpose in disconnecting it from the pump.

Isn't the whole premise of the Sanicon system not having to remove the hose and keep the waste contained? I can see using a coupling to add another hose for length, but see no purpose in disconnecting it from the pump.
I installed the quick-connects to (1) facilitate easily adding an extension when I needed extra length and (2) to make it easy to change out a hose that goes bad and starts to leak. I am not envisioning disconnecting/connecting the main hose on a regular basis.

That said, you raise a valid point as it applies to the need for quick-couplers at the Sani-Con pump itself. I need to revisit that idea. If the hose at the pump comes off as easily as it did on the other end of the main hose, it may be just as easy to simply carry a spare hose with a quick-connect on just one end. Something to think about.

TJ

@TJ&LadyDi I have slightly different install of the Sanicon than you do as my hose pump connects at the back. I have the extra hose and will add the banjo connectors to enable quick addition but not at the pump. I did change it out when I got the hose with protective cover and wasn’t that difficult.

I think the convenience of adding the additional hose with banjo connectors is a great addition

Attachments

• CB1F7863-6B1F-4A89-B29F-9290A8D968D6.jpeg
    CB1F7863-6B1F-4A89-B29F-9290A8D968D6.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 170
  • 737AD49B-5841-45D6-A3FC-C8C831C34752.jpeg
    737AD49B-5841-45D6-A3FC-C8C831C34752.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 172

I did mine with Banjo disconnects in the wet bay for versatility. In my place in northern AZ i have a sewer hook up next to my wet bay that uses the same banjo connectors so I hook up and I can leave the grey open and I only dump the black as needed and I have no hoses laying on the ground. I stay there 5 months through the summer. The other thing I found was it is a lot less cluttered in my bay by removing the bulk of the hose when its not needed and it can be stored out of the way. I think its all personal preference but I can tell you you have zero contact with the waist water when you connect disconnect and cap the system.

Attachments

• 1586450957112.png
    1586450957112.png
    15.2 MB · Views: 116
@NWIP are they using 3 inch ABS piping out of the gray now instead of the former 1.5 inch? Compare the what's coming out of the black tank and it they are the same then they switched to 3 inch making Drainmaster electric gate valves (a must have) easy to install.

@Neal yes all 3 lines to gate valves are 3”, grey, black and central for gravity hose. Only pump exit is 1.5 hard line that the flex hose connects to. I think they have really improved the install

@Neal yes all 3 lines to gate valves are 3”, grey, black and central for gravity hose. Only pump exit is 1.5 hard line that the flex hose connects to. I think they have really improved the install

That's outstanding, that 1.5 inch step down was stuuuupid! Okay, I'm returning to Palmcatraz, we have a mod to do STAT!

Latest resources

Back