Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

MOD Added Banjo quick-couplers to the Sani-Con hose today!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I did mine with Banjo disconnects in the wet bay for versatility. In my place in northern AZ i have a sewer hook up next to my wet bay that uses the same banjo connectors so I hook up and I can leave the grey open and I only dump the black as needed and I have no hoses laying on the ground. I stay there 5 months through the summer. The other thing I found was it is a lot less cluttered in my bay by removing the bulk of the hose when its not needed and it can be stored out of the way. I think its all personal preference but I can tell you you have zero contact with the waist water when you connect disconnect and cap the system.
Oooohhh, I like that idea, @dave burns. I'm going to make up a threaded sewer connector to Banjo adapter for use at our site in Polson. That would be a leak-proof, odor-free connection. And, since I have a Banjo connector at the outboard end of my SaniCon-Con hose, I can just remove the OEM sewer connector (which i greatly dislike) and simply connect Banjo-to-Banjo.

Thanks for stimulating the few remaining brain cells I have.

TJ

That's outstanding, that 1.5 inch step down was stuuuupid! Okay, I'm returning to Palmcatraz, we have a mod to do STAT!

They took the nets down so don’t bring your paddle?

Oooohhh, I like that idea, @dave burns. I'm going to make up a threaded sewer connector to Banjo adapter for use at our site in Polson. That would be a leak-proof, odor-free connection. And, since I have a Banjo connector at the outboard end of my SaniCon-Con hose, I can just remove the OEM sewer connector (which i greatly dislike) and simply connect Banjo-to-Banjo.

Thanks for stimulating the few remaining brain cells I have.

TJ
I have one of those too just not a picture of it. I have a 3"and a 4" so that I can adapt to anywhere we travel

I replaced the original hose with the 30’ hose from SaniCon. The Banjo fittings make it easier to store the longer hose by removing the end. Also, the original hose with Banjo fittings serves as an extension.
AB12211F-A4FE-43FD-AE24-FF773221DC7D.jpeg
7465ADA5-10A1-4D69-8143-786A478E1785.jpeg

I replaced the original hose with the 30’ hose from SaniCon. The Banjo fittings make it easier to store the longer hose by removing the end. Also, the original hose with Banjo fittings serves as an extension.View attachment 1626View attachment 1628

I’m collecting the parts to do this mod, do you have a link for the caps as I haven’t been able to find them.

Arm twisted, I got talked into this, parts on the way ?

While I keep a second hose for an extension I've yet to use it but I have been at CG's even recently where I couldn't reach as the sewer inlet was near the entrance to the site which is a crazy location (i.e. near the road). I wasn't staying long so I didn't need to connect but someday I might and this is the way to go. Thank you!

You can probably "print" the male couplings...

Time is money :) I have a feeling these are hard rubber though, not ABS, dunno.

Now, @Neal, you will be faced with deciding whether to put the female couplers on the inboard or outboard end. Conventional plumbing wisdom is that liquid should flow from male to female fittings, but I didn't do it that way. My thought process is that the outboard end of the hose is the most likely to get dinged up from being dropped, etc. The female fitting has the protection of the outer housing around it to keep that from happening. If the male end gets dinged, it may not seal properly.

It will be interesting to see what you decide.

TJ

Latest resources

Back