Dutch Star
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ram
Fulltimer
Yes
DW turned on the microwave and it ran for 3 or 4 seconds then went dead. Checked the CB and it had not tripped. Turned off the CB and went to unplug the Advantium. Very difficult to unplug. Looking at the plug I saw why.
Replaced it with a GFIC receptacle.
Took the old receptacle apart and found a loose wire. The attachment of the wires consisted of V shaped connectors. All you have to do is push an insulated wire into the V and it cuts the insulation and makes a connection. I'm guessing one worked loose over time.

Attachments

• 20231113_144303.jpg
    20231113_144303.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 23
The idea is push a stripped wire in the hole.

The original receptacle is not like any I've seen. Doesn't have the holes I think you are referring to. I should have taken a picture. The back of the receptacle comes off.

Did the microwave work after this?

Yes it works fine. The plug was not melted. The blades were discolored. I buffed the blades. It appeared the "short" was inside the receptacle.

Thats the high quality electrical stuff they used in RVs. You’d never see that garbage in residential construction that gets inspected. I guess RIVA standards are quite low.

I agree RIVA standards are low. The 3rd thing I did when we got the coach was to install water shutoff valves under all 4 sinks.
I'm not a big fan of the Oasis exhaust coming out under the FWS either. Haven't smelled any exhaust when using the burner.

Latest resources

Back