RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40"
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Full disclosure, I am not the most mechanical gut to own a motorhome! The sliding door from the kitchen to the bedroom isn’t working. It is only opening half way. I am assuming there is an issue with the track, but I can’t figure it out. Thoughts?

Thanks.

If it were me I'd take a flashlight and look at the tracks at the top, see if something has come off the track. Look at the bottom to make sure nothing is in the way. I think overall it's a simple system of rollers running along a rail at the top.

Full disclosure, I am not the most mechanical gut to own a motorhome! The sliding door from the kitchen to the bedroom isn’t working. It is only opening half way. I am assuming there is an issue with the track, but I can’t figure it out. Thoughts?

Thanks.
I bet your problem is at the bottom of the door. We had the same issue. Newmar uses cheap plastic with two channels on the bottom of the door and each door has a guide that rides in each track. If the plastic track breaks your door wont open or close properly. This is what happend to us.

I bet your problem is at the bottom of the door. We had the same issue. Newmar uses cheap plastic with two channels on the bottom of the door and each door has a guide that rides in each track. If the plastic track breaks your door wont open or close properly. This is what happend to us.
Whatwas you solution?

Whatwas you solution?
My solution was to replace the broken plastic channel on the bottom of the door with one made from UHMW plastic. To do so I had to remove the door from the rails on top which was not to difficult. In the first pic you will see the broken channel. The next pick shows the UHMW installed in it's place. Fortunalely my good friend and fellow Ventana LE owner Bill Hunt had this problem and purchased the UHMW rod on Amazon. He cut the channels on his table saw and made two giving me one saying some day you will need this and sure enough a few months later I did. Door now glides like butter.

Attachments

• IMG_0042.jpeg
    IMG_0042.jpeg
    906.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0043.jpeg
    IMG_0043.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 34

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back