RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
Our door window just showed signs of condensation in between the inner and outer glass. Looking for replacement options other than Newmar. ($$$) I've been to Suncoast Designers in Hudson Fl several times previous with not so good results and other issues so I won't ever go back there. Anyone have an outlet for glass? Thinking of going with single pane instead of dual for cost and avoid future condensation problems.

Our door window just showed signs of condensation in between the inner and outer glass. Looking for replacement options other than Newmar. ($$$) I've been to Suncoast Designers in Hudson Fl several times previous with not so good results and other issues so I won't ever go back there. Anyone have an outlet for glass? Thinking of going with single pane instead of dual for cost and avoid future condensation problems.
Though double pane has its problems, single pane also has condensation problems. But single pane can produce condensation that runs down the inside wall! Just saying.

So as the saying goes. Insanity is . . . In this case I think the key word is "expecting". It would seem that rebuilt or factory windows have the problem, so either the design needs a change, or the process needs modified. Status quo is not working.

I have an idea but our worlds don't meet! If someone is going to deal with this problem, by replacing the window, And will be going through Quartzsite this winter, and would like to donate a window for me to experiment on. Maybe I can come up with an answer!

Wouldn’t hurt to email Newmar parts for a quote as a reference point. I wonder if PTL does the window for the door though and maybe worth reaching out to them. They don’t suffer Newmar price’itis.

I had my door window, driver's side front and header windows replaced as well as the passenger side window at Darren Thomas Glass in Sebring, Florida. Arrived on Easter for a Monday appointment. Plenty of space to hook up to power. You will need a gate code to access power which is provided in advance of arrival.
All windows replaced with single pane glass. No issues! Would recommend them.
As a side perk T-Mobile MiFi card worked exceptionally well downstream was at or above 500 mbps.

I had my door window, driver's side front and header windows replaced as well as the passenger side window at Darren Thomas Glass in Sebring, Florida. Arrived on Easter for a Monday appointment. Plenty of space to hook up to power. You will need a gate code to access power which is provided in advance of arrival.
All windows replaced with single pane glass. No issues! Would recommend them.
As a side perk T-Mobile MiFi card worked exceptionally well downstream was at or above 500 mbps.
I thought they didn't do frameless windows.

@lostinfla all windows were framed. Sorry if I mislead you.

I would contact PTL Engineering regarding window replacement instead of Newmar as they provided the door which likely included the window.

I would contact PTL Engineering regarding window replacement instead of Newmar as they provided the door which likely included the window.
I just emailed them, thanks!

PTL doesn't supply the window, just the door to Newmar. Checking with Lippert now for a price. Newmar wants 793.79 for the window. :oops:

Latest resources

Back