Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Best place to sell our Travel Trailer?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Therapy

RVF Newbee
I’ve got a year old travel trailer (Grand Design Imagine 2800BH) that’s in like new condition but not sure where to list it. I’ve tried FB marketplace and Craigslist but so far just mostly scammers. Only been two weeks though.

Where is the best place to list a lightly used trailer? I’m in Northern California and one of our local RV lots has told me that they no longer do consignments right now as their lot is full.

Suggestions?

Did you try posting it here?

I think Auto Trader has an RV section. Might be slightly better than Craigslist (or it might not).

My wife found our trailer on FB Marketplace. I think there are fewer scammers there but certainly plenty of flaky people.

Last edited:
https://www.rvtrader.com/ is another option. I do not know if there is a cost involved.
If your buyer needs help with financing, we can help. Private to private sales are a major part of our business. We help with the sales tax, title and registration work as well.
Let me know if we can help.
Ken

I’ve got a year old travel trailer (Grand Design Imagine 2800BH) that’s in like new condition but not sure where to list it. I’ve tried FB marketplace and Craigslist but so far just mostly scammers. Only been two weeks though.

Where is the best place to list a lightly used trailer? I’m in Northern California and one of our local RV lots has told me that they no longer do consignments right now as their lot is full.

Suggestions?
Let me start from forty years in the biz there has never been a time when there's not a shortage of used travel trailers. Yes motorhomes and 5th wheels at times but not trailers. Saying that if you're not getting legitimate inquires there's something wrong and I guarantee the dealer is taking consignments no one turns down free inventory. Probably the dealer was trying to not piss you off by telling you that you have a model no one wants, its been smoked in /pet smells or your over priced. Even being retired and away from the biz I'm sure there's still lots of demand for a used 28 bunk house. If after doing some research you find its your price that's easy, do what us dealers always did lower your price and start over or learn to love the trailer you have. One thing that often I found is buyers come in and out of the market based on individual needs so remove it for a couple weeks and try again. There will be a whole new group of buyers and the old ones will have bought or moved on. Muy suerte

Thanks for the advice. The dealership said they had a full lot and the 2800BH was their best selling model. He said "Look, I'll level with you. When I get some room I'll be glad to take it, but you probably don't need my help. That model sells very well, put it up on craigslist for $xx, and I'll bet you can sell it by yourself within a month."

In the past this dealer has been very fair, he was specific that they aren't taking consignments on anything primarily because the lot was full (including their overflow/storage lot).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back