• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Best Water disconnect

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Mine is the now-discontinued (apparently) 105-degree version; angled out.

TJ

And there lies the issue. I'll have to contact them.

I have the same and I have it attached. Mine is straight down so why won’t it work?

Kwik

Last edited:
Looks like you just need to adjust the plastic so the finger groove is straight down and, allows the clearance to allow the operation of the hose coupling.

I'll retry tomorrow, thx

Got it working, thanks all. I'm one of you now ?

The ones from Lowe's have proven to be no bueno for caca. I haven't tried the Gorilla version yet, but they look like they may hold some promise. In myy experience, the QDs from the RV Water Filter Store are absolutely bullet proof.

I’ve not had a single issue with the ones from Lowes. Though, I am not installing them on my rinse valve. I can see how that could be problematic.

I've never had a problem with the ones I was using, I just wanted the 90 deg fancy one for the sewer rinse.

Regardless if long term or short term, I always clean the faucet connection off with anti bacterial soap for 30 seconds or longer. If Parking for a while, and then place a Y connector, with at least two outlets on it. If really going to be there a while, I will put on a 4 outlet Y adapter, this is especially true if out on the west side of country, because of very low humidity, winds, and FIRE. I will put a second water hose out, with nozzle for the off chance of fire.

I then if needed place a 45 connector, since my water pressure regulator wants to be mostly level (see link here- Amazon.com: Renator M11-0660R Water Pressure Regulator Valve. Brass Lead-Free Adjustable Water Pressure Reducer with Gauge for RV Camper, and Inlet Screened Filter: Home Improvement ) - Then fresh water hose to coach.

Now we don't leave water on at connection all the time, we keep the tank full per auto fil, and use it at night for sure. I will hear water pump if it runs, so then I would know if I had a leak. If we are washing clothes, or doing a lot of water use, we will use shore water, and if within a day of leaving, fill up the tank after we do all our washing, etc., and live off tank so the FW stuff is put away. That way I am not rushed to remember this or that.

I use a separate back flow preventer, pressure regulator and hose for flushing out the black tank, and NEVER hook my fresh water system to the black tank flush system, even though there is a built in back flow preventer, they can fail. One of the biggest things to make you sick is to get contaminated water, trust me, you will take many precautions if you are ever sick from that. I also sanitize the fresh water system at least every 120 days if coach use is sporadic, and at 180 days regardless if we are in continuous use or not. Varied methods to do it, someone will tell you if you ask.

Latest resources

Back