• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Best Water disconnect

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I was kidding I'm sure you know @DKRITTER but it is interesting. I don't feel comfortably leaving anything connected to the black tank rinse that has a path to my fresh water system. I'm trying quick connects like others, doesn't mean I will stay with them either but for now they are working well for me.

I completely agree, I put a water hose ball valve on the hose that goes to my black tank rinse so there isn't a possibility.

Plus we don't consume water from our RV we use bottled water for all consumption. While not a fool proof solution it's pretty close.

I really love my all brass ones. They have a large rubber collar, which would never clear that quicklink. Seeing Joe, I'm glad I didn't drop $60 on them!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T16K4NP/?tag=rvf01-20

I bought 10 of them for $90, but those greedy seller musta caught wind, cuz now it'll set you back $120 for 10.

But...funny enough...the thing I'd really love to have, are some of those CAPS! I've been looking all over for them.

One potential issue I have discovered is that ALL of the quick disconnects I can find (including the Parkers from the RV Water Filter Store) are made from standard brass that has some lead in it. If you read the fine print, none are certified for use with drinking water.

If I could find some "low-lead" or "lead-free" brass quick couplers that ARE certified for drinking water use, I would go with them. With the small surface area that comes in contact with my drinking water, I'm not too concerned, however.

TJ

I saved up my allowance and took the money out of savings and finally bought one of these 90 degree kwik link 90 degree quick connectors for my black tank rinse. Well, seems that nearly $30 of hard earned money is wasted. I went to install it today and the twist knob contraption Newmar uses on the black tank rinse is in the way of the quick connector from the hose connection. Looks like this is not going to work.

90degconnector.png

I saved up my allowance and took the money out of savings and finally bought one of these 90 degree kwik link 90 degree quick connectors for my black tank rinse. Well, seems that nearly $30 of hard earned money is wasted. I went to install it today and the twist knob contraption Newmar uses on the black tank rinse is in the way of the quick connector from the hose connection. Looks like this is not going to work.

View attachment 2575
Must be a Ventana thing; it works great on the MADP. ;)

TJ

View attachment 2575
Before you return it.,Did you watch my video that is posted earlier in this Post? If you have the same fittings as the ones in my Newmar, you have to position the fittings very carefully.

Here's the photo...

A9066FC6-1CFE-4E55-8F85-C00B4F6579FF.jpeg
Plus one of my tank flush hose connected to it.

9244E2E9-203E-44ED-9C64-6ECA616CA763.jpeg

TJ

Last edited:
Hmmm, I'll have to take a second look tomorrow. Looks the same. Can't tell if the bottom of your kwik disconnect is angled out, mine goes straight down.

Latest resources

Back