• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Best Water disconnect

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The Water Filter Store used to sell a 75-degree version of the angled quick-disconnect male fitting, but I don't see them listed any more. I have a couple and they are quite handy where the 90-degree version might be just a bit too tight.

TJ

Actually, the 75 degree ones are what I have, but I can’t find them anymore, either. Needless to say, they will not be traded in with my old coach!

I use the same ones @Neal posted which I got from lowes. If/when one breaks, I will check out the ones from RV Water Filter Store. They can leak but it was quickly resolved with a bit of plumbing tape.

To prevent myself from leaving anything behind I have mine setup as water source —> Brass Y with shut offs. On each shutoff, I have a quick connect. On the first Y valve, I have quick connect to to my water softener’s input. Coming out of the water softener, I have my pressure regulator, with a quick connect coming out of that and into the RV hose. To cap the RV hose when it’s time to pack up, I replaced the attached white plastic cap with matching quick connect and put a brass plug on it so I can quick connect the plug, giving me a barrier to prevent contamination while in transit.

When it’s time to go:
1. unscrew the hose Y from the spigot and disconnect it from the water softener.
2. Disinfect with a spray of Clorox bleach (just courtesy and always disinfect when I arrive)
3. Use the quick connects on the softener to connect its input hose to the output of the pressure regulator on the other end, creating a closed circuit on the softener to prevent contamination.
4. Cap the RV hose with the attached quick connect that has a brass plug.
5. Pull the hose in, holding a towel in your hand and guiding the hose through your hand to give it a wipe down as it comes in.
6. Stow the water softener and hose Y.

The hose Y is also really helpful for relieving pressure when it’s time to disconnect. Just shut off water spigot and open the second valve on the Y.

Also have a quick connect on my water hose for rinsing off which I can quickly attach to the second hose Y valve. My paint is too new for anything more than that until January.

Last edited:
These are what I use and found that they have less restriction than the metal ones and a positive connection. The only downside is the cost. These are 3/4 inch without any kind of restrictions and I have never had one leak.

Last edited:
I didn't realize that Banjo made them in that size, and with hose bib threads. Interesting!

TJ

I, too, have had good luck with the Gorilla Easy Connect system

Installed the Kwik Links on the CanyonStar. Nice clean connections. Thank you for this thread.

Gosh'durnit, who here is responsible for making me buy these? I want names!

Sorry Neal but, we had some small issues with the style you have dripping occasionally.

We found these on Amazon and they are 100%. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VMEWTK2/?tag=rvf01-20

I will say this, we have stopped using quick connects all together. I connected 2 25' (blue & black) ZeroG to my wetbay and a Y at the regulator which I attach to the faucet when we hookup. I've found this to be much simpler.

I was kidding I'm sure you know @DKRITTER but it is interesting. I don't feel comfortably leaving anything connected to the black tank rinse that has a path to my fresh water system. I'm trying quick connects like others, doesn't mean I will stay with them either but for now they are working well for me.

Latest resources

Back