• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Black Tank Sensor

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It is standard in 2021. This is mfg by KIB, and outputs to the kib sensor data same as strips. I just looked up parts on comnet. Very slick.

I read the description, the problem in my mind is it's not water nor a consistent density. I can see this used reliably on the gray side but I'm curious on the dark side.

I read the description, the problem in my mind is it's not water nor a consistent density. I can see this used would areliably on the gray side but I'm curious on the dark side.
You don't think milkshake slurry pressure will be the same as Grey water pressure?

A test would be necessary. My thought is initially the milkshake would have a lot of air in it, and be a bit more foamy. This would eventually settle, and the pressure would be applied against the sensor.

I don't think this would work with non-macerating toilets.

This thread will reach over 100 posts. Poo threads always do. :ROFLMAO:

I'm curious how it can really sense pressure differentials and know percentages especially between what goes in black vs. gray. I can understand a no/low pressure, i.e. an empty reading but above that I'm curious.
I don't know how it works, but it DOES work and it works well so far. ?

I’m sure it works detecting contents and empty. My concern is it knowing levels or when full. My hunch is it could detect 100% when only 40-50%. No way to know unless paired with a secondary system such as SeeLevel. Someone should reach out to the manufacturer and ask about use in a sewage scenario.

I’m wondering how hard to retro fit? @ARD I need your coach for investigation ?. I’m sure mounting sensor would be easy enough just need to figure out the integration with monitor.

Not sure how I missed this but I will be asking Newmar to do the same to my coach. My tank sensors routinely stick at 100%. The only solution we have when that occurs is to yell to the better half flip the salesman switch then flush quickly before the sensor has had a chance to get a read after power comes back on.

This was on my list at my visit to Newmar back in August and they replaced my KiB sensor strips and all was fine...for a week and now it is as if they never did anything at all. Same behavior as before even though I flush my tanks with every dump. The worst offender is black but a few flushes often clears things up. Grey however, well I have no grey rinse and they wouldn’t install one in August.

We have a return trip scheduled for December. Daddy’s gonna get him a proper pressure sensor come hell, high water or, regrettably maybe a Visa.

Newmar is installing this for me next week as a "1 time courtesy". Guess this means they won't install it a 2nd time for me on this same coach. ;)

They said its a direct plug and play component developed by KIB. This is also the standard in 2021 vtdp and dutchstar.

Newmar is performing my sensor upgrade. They told me the upgrade/retrofit is ONLY approved for the black tank, and they do not offer a retrofit for the gray tank. The gray tank often shows issues, but is not near the problem with a false reading as the black tank is, so I am fine with this solution.

Latest resources

Back