• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Brisket on a smoker?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@Neal you need a thermometer in it to know when to wrap it to get past the stall and when it’s done. It’s not done once it comes off the smoker. The wrapped brisket need to go into a faux cambro aka cooler with towels on top for another hour after.

Good idea..I forgot my GMG Daniel Boone has a meat thermometer which I can also monitor with the app.

@Neal ... that's a helluva brisket slicer you bought! Don't forget the fire extinguisher.

hey arnold nickelodeon GIF

Aaron Franklin says in his PBS series to cook around 250F-275F, and wrap it in paper when it gets the color/bark you like. Pull at around 185F-190F and put it in a cooler wrapped in towels for as long as you can stand to wait.

Conversely, Myron injects them and cooks at 350F.

One writer, Meathead Goldwyn I think, surveyed old-school pitmasters and found that they were actually cooking at about 275F.

I've done a brisket years ago and it turned out fine, but brisket isn't really a thing here in the southeast. However, I can definitely discern a texture difference in pork butts cooked at 250F and 350F, the slower cooked being better.

It's done when it's done.

20 lb brisket is on the smoker. I know @ARD's mouth is watering from these pics.

58527D91-F347-4B98-AE20-B068CBE45FB8.jpeg
21B45507-D04A-484C-A757-5D6F324CBD0B.jpeg
59C7DA2B-3440-4FAE-AF42-96EDC264ACD2.jpeg

Be sure to open the lid every 20 min and check progress.

Is it ready?

Ewww.

Latest resources

Back