• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Brisket on a smoker?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Just removed and wrapped. It sure feels good. Jiggly and fork/thermometer go in easily. Shooting for a 4 O'Clock removal and cooler until dinner. Yummmmm

Meat temp: 165

Not the best bark guessing from not enough spritzing, or will bark happen while wrapped?

Amazing how much it shrinks!

IMG_4620.jpg

Bark won’t happen wrapped but the tender delicious brisket is the result of wrapping and time in the cooler. You should be able to take a piece of brisket and pull it apart with minimal effort.

Edit. Throw a few towels in the cooler to keep the heat in.

Armed for the next step:

You people make me hungry.

Nothing I love better than bbq. Ribs, sandwiches. Shame that it's started tearing my stomach up over the last few years. Not sure what changed.

Boy, that sure looks good @Neal! You done good boy!

Just removed and wrapped. It sure feels good. Jiggly and fork/thermometer go in easily. Shooting for a 4 O'Clock removal and cooler until dinner. Yummmmm

Meat temp: 165

Not the best bark guessing from not enough spritzing, or will bark happen while wrapped?

Amazing how much it shrinks!

View attachment 15559
Loookin’ good!

I'm happy to report success. I grasped the towel concept as I was in denial "towel????" and let it rest for 2+ hours as it was done around 2:30.

It was delicious.

C92893A7-F06C-4F0C-8B22-896BD18D5437.jpeg
6426A577-2F92-40AC-A86F-CE569E06B45C.jpeg
2F4151CA-B2A5-42A1-B060-4737C7C7240E.jpeg
D0BAADAA-C8CB-432A-8CB7-1F94B72C9E2A.jpeg

Spectacular Neal!

As I've been enjoying leftovers from this brisket and it's been interesting as to how good brisket tastes straight out of the frig. I would never eat steak, turkey, or even chicken cold nor would I care for its taste out of the frig but there is something with brisket! The flavor is amazing that you can snack on it right out of the frig. It's been so yummy...I'm almost out of my portion from the night. Now have to figure out the proper time between briskets :)

Latest resources

Back