• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Brisket on a smoker?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hmmmm. What happened to the “I am gonna do it” this time? Asking for a friend. 🤔

Question - Best gym membership for RVers?
They are in the freezer franz

Pump You Up Saturday Night Live GIF

I do like Texas BBQ! We were just north of Dallas in February (Hickory Creek COE) and the closest we found was Sullivan's. I don't know how it rates with the locals but for us it was heaven! BBQ is just not that big of a thing here in Canada. sigh.........

Darrell
Sullivan's is a fine example of Texas BBQ! We eat there every time we have our coach worked on in Lewisville, including last week. I have family in the area and can tell you that locals consider it to be heavenly too. My smoker can't compete with Sullivan's ribs, but they are something to aspire to.

Do you still have the Asmoke?
I do. It behaved poorly for a while, but they kept sending parts until it started maintaining its temperature. I'm pretty happy with it now, but can't say I recommend it to a new buyer. I'll replace it when something new and wonderful winks at me.

We happened to stop at a newish BBQ place of fair local repute last night and I tried THEIR brisket. Stew beef, I swear. The same consistency and flavor. Wife said she swears she's not going to any BBQ places with me anymore as all I do is critique the food and compare it to mine. :) They had good homemade onion rings and excellent hush puppies though. Neither of which I can cook. My very first brisket could kick theirs around the block though. Getting itchy to try attempt number two. I have everything in place except the meat and an excuse to buy it.

Not a brisket but have this on the smoker now…

Bacon wrapped meatloaf (sausage and ground beef). Can feel my heart slowing down already 😀

Attachments

• BA61BA78-F493-4AA5-91E8-EA9D11A28438.jpeg
    BA61BA78-F493-4AA5-91E8-EA9D11A28438.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
And, 2 1/2 hours later we have this tasty looking morsel…

Attachments

• FCEBECE6-AA0C-430C-B789-AA8D8469FDCE.jpeg
    FCEBECE6-AA0C-430C-B789-AA8D8469FDCE.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
And, 2 1/2 hours later we have this tasty looking morsel…
Just to follow up on the meat loaf.

Was pretty good, how could it not being wrapped in bacon, but the smoke did not get in the meat loaf as much so will probably not do one this way again.

I read this whole thread and thease are fun topics.
My problem is I don'thave or take the time to smoke my own. I am spoiled because we have some great places for BBQ around heare (Fort Worth area). I was at one I like yesterday. Hard Eight BBQ. I like it because you go through a line and see and pick out what you wan't. The only trickey part is not overloading your tray. You need to tell them/ask how much in an order. If you jus keep pointing it can get expensive. They will also cook steaks and fish to order on their grill.
Bill
I do smoke pork (ribs, butt), turkey and cowboy ribeyes (baby roasts), but only one attempt at brisket thus far. First, I'm not a big steak/beef lover. I much prefer turkey, pork, chicken, and only recently aquired a taste for reverse seared steaks after cooking for my wife, who loves steak.

Last year, at a charity event, a local BBQ place was serving brisket and it was amazing. Basically fall apart, cut it with a fork, but not mushy (how is that possible???). So, I finally pulled the brisket I'd had for a while out of the freezer, watched videos and read a bunch, and then gave it a shot. Cooked it low and slow over night, then wrapped and cooked some more, then rested in a cooler for 90 minutes or possibly a bit longer.

It came out OK, and was flavorful, but nothing close to the juicy, tender meat that the local BBQ place had.

When we did ours, that came out great, we did the following:

Seasoned with salt and garlic pepper rub
Hickory pellets
Smoked @ 225 until internal temp was 165
Wrapped in butcher paper and continued smoking until internal temp was 203
Removed from smoker and let rest in cooler for 2 hours

Was about a 10 lb brisket - two pieces, flat and point

Total was about 10 1/2 hours from start to eating

Latest resources

Back