• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Brisket on a smoker?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well, I was just looking around here and ran across this revived thread. Pretty good result, @Neal, for your first brisket. Here’s one of my more recent efforts in cooking brisket that proves old guys can still cook. I guess 50 years of experience helps a little.

Best to all;

TJ

Well, I was just looking around here and ran across this revived thread. Pretty good result, @Neal, for your first brisket. Here’s one of my more recent efforts in cooking brisket that proves old guys can still cook. I guess 50 years of experience helps a little.

Best to all;

TJ
Thanks TJ! Glad to see you back 'round here! I'm craving another brisket, such a delicious meat.

Last one we did came out great. Had to start at 5:30 in the morning so it was ready for dinner.

Was already split into the flat and point making it easier - about 10 lbs total.

Fit on our Traeger Ranger nicely.

We have been picking up 1/2 a long horn to keep the freezer stocked. Love the long horn better than black angus etc.

Now I may have to plan another brisket after reading this.

Getting to be that time again. Picked up a brisket today from Costco as the price was about half of last time $2.99/lb. They also had rack of pork so I picked on of those up too.

We did a rack of ribs last Sunday. Tried a new rub and used a lot of brown sugar. Was really good!

I read this whole thread and thease are fun topics.
My problem is I don'thave or take the time to smoke my own. I am spoiled because we have some great places for BBQ around heare (Fort Worth area). I was at one I like yesterday. Hard Eight BBQ. I like it because you go through a line and see and pick out what you wan't. The only trickey part is not overloading your tray. You need to tell them/ask how much in an order. If you jus keep pointing it can get expensive. They will also cook steaks and fish to order on their grill.
Bill

I read this whole thread and thease are fun topics.
My problem is I don'thave or take the time to smoke my own. I am spoiled because we have some great places for BBQ around heare (Fort Worth area). I was at one I like yesterday. Hard Eight BBQ. I like it because you go through a line and see and pick out what you wan't. The only trickey part is not overloading your tray. You need to tell them/ask how much in an order. If you jus keep pointing it can get expensive. They will also cook steaks and fish to order on their grill.
Bill
I do like Texas BBQ! We were just north of Dallas in February (Hickory Creek COE) and the closest we found was Sullivan's. I don't know how it rates with the locals but for us it was heaven! BBQ is just not that big of a thing here in Canada. sigh.........

Darrell

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back