• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park, Part 3

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hey...where are the mods? This thread has gotten way off-topic! There is no way my shape or Jim's shape is related to "building a small rv park". Don't forget, round is a shape.

Have a guest at the park that is an avid pickle ball player. He's trying to convinced me that it would be a good idea to install a court, but I'm skeptical. Would a small park with only 13 sites actually find a pickle ball court to be advantageous?

I would advise against it. You have a small bit of land that is about nature and peaceful. Pickleball is a noisy sport with paddles smacking plastic balls. I felt sorry for the Prevost at Hearthside Grove parked in the site right next to the courts. Most of us PB players know not to be parked next to courts.

I agree with Neal. Each park has its draw and reason why a person would go there. And yours (IMHO) is to get away from it all, enjoy the silence and nature. Not sure Pickleball fits in that. And what if the Pickleball fad fades? You will have pavement to figure out what to do with.

My 2 cents...
:)

I really enjoyed going to camp growing up so any of those activities such as archery, canoeing, fishing, etc would be fun. Keep it as a nature camp.

Excellent points! Thank you, both.

I love pickleball and I love your RV park, but I think they should remain separate. Pickleball isn't going to bring you any new business and could very well do just the opposite. Agree with the above comments.

My only comment...No!

I love pickleball and I love your RV park, but I think they should remain separate. Pickleball isn't going to bring you any new business and could very well do just the opposite. Agree with the above comments.
I also agree with Buddy and the others.

FLSteve (y)

Latest resources

Back