• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a Small RV Park - Year 2

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I was at Lowes today with the connoisseur of flowers (Trish), and while she was doing battle with some other woman for a plant of questionable value, I snuck off to the vegetable plant section. I got some Tomato Plants, Bell Peppers (yellow and green), a Jalapeno Plant and some Strawberry Plants. :) These will make a nice addition to the Deer Springs garden area, where guests can pick some what-nots to go in a salad or on their burgers. Or maybe just grab a strawberry or two.

I checked the fruit trees when I got back to the park and I believe some of them survived the below -0- temps we got hit with last week. If so, then we will have fresh Peaches and Pears too. The Pears are unbelievably sweet and a real treat when you're walking around the area.

What a beautiful sanctuary you have built @Jim. I can't wait to make a reservation! Soon, I hope.

Jim our fruit trees seemed to have survived from last weekend cold weather as well.Fingers crossed that Spring is here to stay.

Jim our fruit trees seemed to have survived from last weekend cold weather as well.Fingers crossed that Spring is here to stay.
Doesn't look good for us tonight and tomorrow. As far as the plants go, we lost everything to a freeze a few days ago. Everything except the 4 strawberry plants, they don't seem to have been bothered.

Tonight and tomorrow we're expecting a hard freeze, even some talk of snow flurries. So it'll be a miracle if the buds on the fruit trees survive. Just got back from covering all of Trish's plants so we're hoping that they make it.

Fingers crossed.

The jury is still out on damage to the fruit trees but it didn't get anywhere near as cold as we were told it would be, so that's good.

On another note, we installed our first electric car charging station. It's not a fancy charger, just a dedicated 50 amp plugin. But it should serve the need just fine.

And while we were at it, I added a junction box about 15' away that can be turned into an second charging station by simply adding the equipment. So yeah, all you folks with electric toads, come on by and sample some good ol' NC car charging electricity. :)

I’m adding another set of hook ups and a gravel pad next to my RV parking for visitors and I included a 50amp outlet in front just for EV charging. So far used several times by a volt and works just fine.

Remember these? Sure you do. And now their jumping off the pallets and lining themselves up on that tiny little pad.

DSCN7630.JPG

DSCN7632.JPG

DSCN7628.JPG

Pavers are the bomb. They make so much sense for an rv pad as you can pull out and replace stained ones. Every park that we have stayed in that had paver pads had that “classy“ look.

Pavers are the bomb. They make so much sense for an rv pad as you can pull out and replace stained ones. Every park that we have stayed in that had paver pads had that “classy“ look.
Yes, they do. But in this case, that is not what these blocks are being used for. :)

Latest resources

Back