• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a Small RV Park - Year 2

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Jim don’t be so fast in eliminating a pellet grill!! They are elementary to operate! Basically all you do is add pellets, turn it on set temperature and cook! Albeit it does slow cook but that’s the beauty of it!
I know, the pellet grills are awesome! I ended up going with a gravity feed charcoal grill, which works similar to the pellet grills. I've used it a couple of times and it's stupid simple to BBQ on.

dscn7858-jpg.11772

You are 90 miles away (as the crow flies). ;)
Yeah I know. Shame on me. But in my defense, I haven't taken the RV anywhere in a while. I've been absolutely SWAMPED in my sales job selling Ram commercial chassis to the Dealers in the Southeast. It's been impossible to get away. The good news is my pay doubled last year due to my commissions. The bad news is my motorhome has sat in the driveway for way too long!! Trust me I'm going to get up there sometime this year for sure.

I know, the pellet grills are awesome! I ended up going with a gravity feed charcoal grill, which works similar to the pellet grills. I've used it a couple of times and it's stupid simple to BBQ on.

dscn7858-jpg.11772
Man look at those ribs and corn, you guys sure no how to live......LOL

Signing paperwork tonight to bring dedicated fiber to the park. The cost is frightening, but the problems that it solves are beneficial enough to justify the expense. A few of the big ones are:
  • Smart phones will operate normally as if there was a cell tower in the park.
  • Video conferencing, streaming movies, etc., etc., will all be possible.
  • Not everyone has a satellite on their RV, but almost everyone has a TV. The upgraded bandwidth will insure nobody misses a football game ever again. And that's huge, right? :)
So yeah, we're about to become one of the few RV parks in the area to offer Internet service with these capabilities.

Way to go Jim, I am sure that is a big nut to crack. But sadly in today's world, via connecting to the internet, cell phone towers and more, to MOST PEOPLE is vital necessity. Some people may say well not for me, but the MAJORITY will miss it dearly if its not available. And to many, yes it can be a show stopper. Just look at a crowded room, airport loading gate, or a bus station, how many people you see with their faces glued to their cell phone or Ipad screens.

You are providing a beautiful RV park with many special touches. This just the icing on cake.

HH

At the end-of-the-day, this is a much needed improvement. I get so tired of telling people that there is no cell service out here, very little Internet, etc., etc. Just not having to continuously answer those same questions over & over, will almost be worth the investment.

Well we were coming back no matter what but during GA football season this is awesome. Sorry you had to put such an investment into making this happen.

Latest resources

Back