• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a Small RV Park - Year 2

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Cleaned up the mess and got the floors painted. Just about ready to go!

My Son, our Daughter-N-Law and two of our three grandchildren will be coming over on Saturday for smoked ribs and our first fire in the fireplace. Really looking forward to it!

DSCN7818.JPG

DSCN7828.JPG

DSCN7823.JPG

Looking very nice! You have a lovely and well developed retreat there.

This is my micro-park. It has hook-ups to accommodate up to three additional RVs. Pic is where two of them can park end to end, and hook up next to my rig. 50 amp, 30 amp water and sewer. The other is on the loop driveway where there is 30amp power and water. Not bad for not having planned for any of this. Its a half mile walk through the vineyards to the winery.

It was too wet for the dump truck to lay out the rock, still too wet for Skippy the Loader (Case 480LL Construction King), and even too wet for a wheel barrow. So one shovel-full at a time. My new physical fitness program - dont need no gym! Doctor maybe….Anyway still too wet for the two RVs coming today but in the future it should be good under most conditions.

On another note, the last freeze took out about 80% of 160 acres of grapes here at 1125’ elevation in the Sierra foothills of Northern Ca. - all the variaties you would expect for a small winery. Mine are Petit Verdot and Petit Sirrah. About 17 other varieties and most took a significant hit. My Petit Verdot was a little behind on the bud-break so it wasn't hit as bad as most. My Petit Sirrah is (was) popular with a couple Napa Valley wineries and that’s definitely not going to be happening this year. I suspect there will be quite the premium for Foothill wines

Attachments

• 70BCAC78-A6F4-4F16-9D71-3F209E4BDB07.jpeg
    70BCAC78-A6F4-4F16-9D71-3F209E4BDB07.jpeg
    307.2 KB · Views: 29

This is my micro-park. It has hook-ups to accommodate up to three additional RVs. Pic is where two of them can park end to end, and hook up next to my rig. 50 amp, 30 amp water and sewer. The other is on the loop driveway where there is 30amp power and water. Not bad for not having planned for any of this. Its a half mile walk through the vineyards to the winery.

It was too wet for the dump truck to lay out the rock, still too wet for Skippy the Loader (Case 480LL Construction King), and even too wet for a wheel barrow. So one shovel-full at a time. My new physical fitness program - dont need no gym! Doctor maybe….Anyway still too wet for the two RVs coming today but in the future it should be good under most conditions.

On another note, the last freeze took out about 80% of 160 acres of grapes here at 1125’ elevation in the Sierra foothills of Northern Ca. - all the variaties you would expect for a small winery. Mine are Petit Verdot and Petit Sirrah. About 17 other varieties and most took a significant hit. My Petit Verdot was a little behind on the bud-break so it wasn't hit as bad as most. My Petit Sirrah is (was) popular with a couple Napa Valley wineries and that’s definitely not going to be happening this year. I suspect there will be quite the premium for Foothill wines
Too wet? In Northern Cal? It’s been a long time since I’ve heard that. Looks nice Rich. 😁

Too wet? In Northern Cal? It’s been a long time since I’ve heard that. Looks nice Rich. 😁
Yes the April showers are much needed and welcome - just not that great for dirt work.

Hey Rich, that's looking good buddy! As for the foothills of Northern CA, I lived in Lone Pine CA for a good many years. So not far from you I would imagine.

Bummer about the grapes, I'm still hoping to salvage some of my pears and peaches, but that last freeze was a brute, and the damage was severe.

Take care!

My Son, Daughter-N-Law, her mother and our two grandchildren came by today for a Easter egg hunt. We BBQ'd ribs and ate like kings (and queens), lol. :) Was a great day all around.

DSCN7834.JPG

DSCN7837.JPG

DSCN7843.JPG

DSCN7850.JPG

DSCN7855.JPG

DSCN7858.JPG

DSCN7874.JPG

DSCN7864.JPG

DSCN7865.JPG

DSCN7866.JPG

Since we had to abandon the Pellet Grill idea, I'm leaning toward this bad boy. Uses wood, which we have a lot of, lol, and I really like the whole concept of how it works. Check it out and opinions are appreciated.

Jim don’t be so fast in eliminating a pellet grill!! They are elementary to operate! Basically all you do is add pellets, turn it on set temperature and cook! Albeit it does slow cook but that’s the beauty of it!

I need to get up there and check your place out Jim. Now to find the time.......:rolleyes:

I need to get up there and check your place out Jim. Now to find the time.......:rolleyes:
You are 90 miles away (as the crow flies). ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back