• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Got a break in the rain and decided to get pad #8 cut. Spent the day removing trees and leveling the area. Not very good pics as I used the "standby" camera that we keep in the Jeep. Also, keep in mind that this is what you might call a rough-in of the pad.

This lot will be at the end of the circular road that gets you in/out of the park. It's nestled in and amongst the trees and while it gets sun, it's still well shaded and is a very cool site. I doubt you will need to run any air conditioning while visiting this site.

Assuming you pull into the site (which is the intended approach) your awning will open toward the forest and will provide awesome views of whatever happens to be wandering in the area. We have lots of deer, turkeys and other things that will keep you entertained on your visit. Walking up the stepping stones will lead you to your private screened in 8' x 8' gazebo with ceiling fan and seating for four.

Not seeing all that? That's OK, it's in the works! :)

DSC03910.JPG

DSC03922.JPG

Imo dont worry about internet and cell phones. We're only talking of filling 8 amazing sites. For thirty years Ive seen thousands of Rvers travelling and living in the Baja with no services of any kind and a large percentage are there to get away from that stress. Ya I have seen many medical emergencies but Baja travelers just seem to deal with being hundreds of miles from US doctors. Plus their kids have to learn to handle things themselves.

Imo dont worry about internet and cell phones. We're only talking of filling 8 amazing sites. For thirty years Ive seen thousands of Rvers travelling and living in the Baja with no services of any kind and a large percentage are there to get away from that stress. Ya I have seen many medical emergencies but Baja travelers just seem to deal with being hundreds of miles from US doctors. Plus their kids have to learn to handle things themselves.
Yeah, I don't see cell service as a "must have", but I do see it as a "like to have". The majority of people that I've talked with said they would rather have some cell service but also said that it would probably not be a deal breaker.

I feel I'm making some progress with AT&T on putting some equipment up on the tower that Pegasus installed 8 years ago. If they do install equipment, then my cell/internet problem will be solved. And that makes for a better business plan all around.

Looked at your Facebook page!
Going to be nice, and look forward to a visit when you get open!
Good luck!

Looked at your Facebook page!
Going to be nice, and look forward to a visit when you get open!
Good luck!
Thanks JJ. Environmental is coming out next week, or so they say. Been waiting now for quite a while but it looks like my number finally came up.

Today a couple of fellows came out from the Macon County Environmental Department. They dug, measured, poked around and made drawings (on their hand) until they found a place that they were happy with. And unfortunately, that place was not where I wanted, or had planned, on the septic going.

So it looks like we will have to have a pump/lift station setup, which is more expensive. But it-is-what-it-is I guess, and now we can start moving some dirt. About time. We're really ready to get this thing moving.

DSCN1347.JPG

DSCN1348.JPG

DSCN1349.JPG

Just about finished with the excavator work on site #7. This will be a pull-through site with wonderful long range views of the surrounding mountains and will accommodate RV's up to 45'.

Site #7 has trees all around and a beautiful Black Walnut tree to sit under and enjoy the peacefulness that we hope Deer Springs will become known for. Watchdog not included. ;)

Here are some preliminary shots of the site. We still have to bring in gravel for the driveway and set up an area for the picnic table, fire ring and gazebo but all that will take place after the first of the year when the water, power, and sewer lines are completed.

DSCN1711.JPG

DSCN1714.JPG

@Jim what a gorgeous location. Great progress. Rex or Ryker seem to be taking care of the security of the new development with the look of "You are going nowhere near that excavator".

@Jim what a gorgeous location.
Thank you, Sheridany. We are really going to do our best to provide a unique experience that will make us a remembered place to visit. It's not for everyone, we know that. But for those looking for a peaceful place to relax, we think we'll really be on top of it.

Latest resources

Back