Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It's bee a productive last few days.
  • Set up credit card processing through Stripe. Pros - We now have a way to take payments, deposits, etc. Cons, - Not thrilled to give up 3% + $0.30 each transaction. Doesn't seem like much until you do the long term math.
  • Got ViaSat Internet installed at the (soon to be) office/laundry room. It's a solution for email and Messenger, and I can run the booking/payment software on it, but it's not up to the task for streaming. Better than nothing though.
  • Got a dumpster delivered. Man, is that thing ugly! Will have to do something to get it camouflaged.
  • Fired the plumber.
  • Got another fire pit installed.
  • Installed a bunch of 12" square stepping stones.
  • Planted a couple of Magnolia trees and a dozen small shrubs.
  • Cleaned up around the place. Lots of stuff, everywhere. Dumpster didn't look so bad as the day went on. :)
  • Called Lowe's and told them to come get this POS cart we bought from them last week. Words can't describe what a terrible piece of junk that thing is.
  • Good news - Frontier came out and found a phone line for us. Bad news - Frontier said I have to wait for one of the two trencher guys to come out and burry the cable. They have no idea when that would be.
  • And a gazillion other small things that all had to be done.
We see light at the end of the tunnel and not a moment to soon as we're both burned out on this project.

I've been testing the booking module and I'm thinking it's about time to turn it on. I have two sites ready to rent and the other six are very, very close to being ready. I think I will turn on booking and manually block out the next 3 weeks on those six. That will I can get some booking going and give myself some time to get them ready. That being said, I hate selling something that really isn't ready. Oh what the heck, what could go wrong?

lol

stampede GIF by Chris LeDoux

I guess good help IS hard to find. :p

I guess good help IS hard to find. :p
lol, it is, indeed!

But in all seriousness, it is great to meet Buddy and Jeanette and tour their beautiful coach. Wonderful people with a tremendous sense of humor. (Which was tested with a low branch a muddy driveway, complements of the previous night’s thunderstorms.)

It was awesome to watch Buddy place this 45’ piece of thundering steel into its slip on the first try, although I’m sure most of the credit belongs with Jeanette and her skillful guidance.

Now, if the weather will just behave, it should be a nice day!

After putting my coach in a couple of the sites, it quickly became clear that I needed to do some work to get them level. They looked level, but that was an illusion that was quickly shattered when you hit the auto leveler in the coach. So we took some 2x6's and leveled them in the area where the coach will park. Then we filled in between them with crusher run (paving rock), and knocked off the high areas with another 2x6, kind of like someone would do if they were finishing concrete.

Then I drove the tractor across it a gazillion times to pack it down really good. Maybe I can get Glampdaddy to move his coach over and test it out for me? :)

5.png

12.JPG

15.JPG

DSCN4444.JPG

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 9
Jim, I’m watching that site from the #5 gazebo. It looked fairly level after a beer, and it was perfect after two.? But, I’ll be happy to back in there tomorrow to test your road-packing efforts.

Jim, I’m watching that site from the #5 gazebo. It looked fairly level after a beer, and it was perfect after two.?
Ha ha, it's my guess that in another hour, neither of us is going to care. :)

Latest resources

Back