• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Cable (cord) cut...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
One other note regarding streaming content such as Food network, Discovery, etc. on Apple TV. You can find apps to stream your favorite channels but you need to have a TV provider to access them. When trying to open one of the above I have to tell them I am a Verizon FIOS or Dish customer in order to see these and sign in to those accounts to authorize access. My Dish is suspended, Verizon FIOS cancelled (other than Internet) so I can't use these streaming services. There may be an option to pay them directly but I don't need to go down that road at this time. If I want to watch stuff like that then I'll likely subscribe to YouTube TV or re-activate Dish if in the RV.

The one thing the streaming business opportunity is missing is an easy way to sign up with one subscription and one authentication. Depending on your needs you need you tube tv and Apple TV for premium content like Netflix to substitute dish or DTV. If you have a newer smart tv then many of those options are available individually it seems. However, you have to set up each one. I know in the beginning we were really apprehensive and thought we would miss DTV but we found we don’t.

I’m tempted to replace the old Sony in the coach with Samsung 4K?
Love the one in the house.

Two days with cord cut, it has been uncomfortable for sure, not gonna lie. It must be an addiction behavior to be able to turn on the TV and get a calming effect from it. I don't know. OTA antennas arrive today. Hands shaking, hope I can get the coax connected.

amazon-delayed.png

Stressed Freak Out GIF by stellar247

I've noticed my last two in-stock orders from Amazon have mysteriously been delayed. So much for Prime delivery!

I just completed a two-week free trial with the first month reduced to $14.99. Great deal as it gave me plenty of time to review the YouTube TV configuration.
As stated above there are no channel numbers the default is alphabetical. Once you have watched a fair amount of TV you would have the option to sort the guide where your favorites float to the top.
The one thing I could not handle is if the program I have recorded is also listed in "OnDemand" I am forced to watch commercials. There is a count down of the commercials on screen such as 1 of 5, 2 of 5, etc. If the recorded show is not in "OnDemand" then I could fast forward thru the commercials.
I hope someone can tell me that there is a way around this.

We just signed up with Comcast which provides benefits while traveling. We can cast recordings and watch some "live" shows.

Two days with cord cut, it has been uncomfortable for sure, not gonna lie. It must be an addiction behavior to be able to turn on the TV and get a calming effect from it. I don't know. OTA antennas arrive today. Hands shaking, hope I can get the coax connected.
When we use OTA we get like 1000 channels, lots of dupes, some local channels (news) but a lot of really old tv shows, like Rifleman, Rawhide, Gunsmoke, etc. Then I go back to Prime and stream a movie or 2 (where is the next season of Jack Ryan???)

Yes, OTA! Can't beat the GRIT channel!

Latest resources

Back