Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Gambino

RVF Newbee
Hello, I am asking for help. We just bought a new 2023 Tiffin Phaeton 36SH. When we went to look at the RV the passenger side rear slide would not fully extend due to a broken hydraulic hose. The dealer said they fixed it when they dropped it off at our house but we do not think the slide is fully extending.

If somebody could measure the outside of the rear slide when extended, we would be very thankful. Also, we see cables in our main storage bay. We are not sure if this is common or if the service department did not put panels back to seal the wiring. Could you take pictures of the roof of the main storage bay that has the slide out storage. Do you see cables or are the cables completely enclosed.

We would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you in advance.

Sorry but if you think those couple small issues makes you feel like you might have a lemon then you are in for one heck of a disappointing RV experience. You should understand that “things” happen with these things pretty regularly. It’s an unfortunate part of the ownership experience.

As far as the hanging cables go, grab some zip ties and bundle them up.

As far as the slide goes, check the seal behind the trim on the inside when the slide is open. It should be tight against the interior wall. If not, it is not open all the way and there may be something hidden that it stopping it

Best of luck!

Hello, I am asking for help. We just bought a new 2023 Tiffin Phaeton 36SH. When we went to look at the RV the passenger side rear slide would not fully extend due to a broken hydraulic hose. The dealer said they fixed it when they dropped it off at our house but we do not think the slide is fully extending.

If somebody could measure the outside of the rear slide when extended, we would be very thankful. Also, we see cables in our main storage bay. We are not sure if this is common or if the service department did not put panels back to seal the wiring. Could you take pictures of the roof of the main storage bay that has the slide out storage. Do you see cables or are the cables completely enclosed.

I am attaching two pictures to show what I am describing.

Attachments

• IMG_0813.jpeg
    IMG_0813.jpeg
    953.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0814.jpeg
    IMG_0814.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 37
Let me provide a more optimistic approach. All RV's come off the line with problems. There is a warranty period and you should take notes and schedule your services to get warranty items cleaned up. I did two visits my first year and had pages, and then things after that and typically an annual visit for cleanup. It's normal. You will find things now and tomorrow. Document them and arrange to have them fixed.

Wow. If those are the only two issues you have Congratulations. You will have more. Best advice for slide is measure both ends outside when extended to see if they come out same distance. Also check inside both ends to see if it is fully extended. Two possibilities bad motor or slide not synced.
Some advice if you want…use the coach , use the coach, use the coach for at least three months. Write down the list of repairs needed. Bring back to the dealer and WAIT. Could be three or four months before you get your coach back.

Hi and Welcome to RVforums and the RV life. As others have mentioned these type of issues are to be expected. The slide extension, check on the inside wall and see if the slide it tight to the wall if so, it is fully extended if not you have an adjustment issue.

Remember this is a house on wheels with more systems then your brick and mortar. Things will rattle loose and need attention. Enjoy the Journey! Above all keep your sense of humor. It will make these headaches easier to handle.

Welcome.
I would not worry about measuring the outside. Go inside and where the slide out meets the wall to see if there is a gap. Now the trip will not hit the wall, but behind it is a seal that will. If it touch’s your fine.

For the storage area if you see holes around the edges of the storage area to attach a panel, they may have missed it, but holes could be there for other reasons too.

As I've frequently written and said: "New only guarantees new, but not necessarily good". With any new RV, one should expect to find things that need adjusting, repairing, and/or replacing. Just the nature of almost all RV products, be they a motorhome, 5th wheel, travel trailer, etc.

Do make a written list of your concerns after you have the opportunity to use the motorhome on a couple of trips. Then schedule an appointment with your dealer and provide them a copy of your list. That will minimize the "he said she said" issue or "you never told me about that". Then once it is ready, it is up to you to confirm all the issues on the list were resolved. Just remember, regardless of the price, it isn't going to be perfect.

It will take some time to resolve all the issues. Be patient, enjoy your wine. It is only RV life.

Bob

Latest resources

Back