Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Steve4059

RVF Regular
Hi all! I have a 2022 superstar 4059 and I am curious about replacing my black tank sensors myself? Has anyone done this? How hard was it?
Any specialty tools needed? My sensors go crazy in hot weather. I already know about pulling a fuse to make the toilet flush when the red light comes on and I flush/ clean it on a regular basis too but I would still like to have working sensors for dry camping situations.

Have you considered reaching out to Newmar to have them fixed under warranty? Even if outside of your one year and it's a known issue as these sensors have been for many, they may get you fixed up.

You will probably find they are not easy to get to.

Our 22 was reading incorrect and was calibrated once at the dealership. Started reading incorrect again and we are at Newmar for warranty work.

The calibration would not take so they are looking at having to change it out, maybe.

From what I gather they started putting in the pressure sensors instead of the outside RF level sensors a while back - they are verifying which we have installed.

They are not looking forward to it either way. Based on where they are installed it is quite difficult to get to them on the Superstar I guess. They even had engineering down looking at ours to come up with a change for making them easier to get to if needed.

From all the above that I got today I’d get it on the warranty list and let them do it - just my thoughts though and I’ll work on pretty much anything.

As an interim fix, we installed a Mopeka sonar sensor on the bottom of our black tank which is MACERATED. Bluetooth monitored the last 7 months with about 90% satisfaction. Mopeka is $50-60 and a cool, simple interim or back up product.

Just got the Newmar ( by required NM dealer) fix in our 2020 Ventana 4037 and will see how it does next week.

As an interim fix, we installed a Mopeka sonar sensor on the bottom of our black tank which is MACERATED. Bluetooth monitored the last 7 months with about 90% satisfaction. Mopeka is $50-60 and a cool, simple interim or back up product.

Just got the Newmar ( by required NM dealer) fix in our 2020 Ventana 4037 and will see how it does next week.
Thanks for the info. Wife and I are full timers so we would like to figure out something until we can give up our coach for a proper fix.

Thanks for the info. Wife and I are full timers so we would like to figure out something until we can give up our coach for a proper fix.
Steve, we had it done but the reading aren’t and we’re now a long way away. The Newmar authorized installer said I should try to recalibrate the KIB and sending unit and sent me the instructions for the retro fit and calibration.🤔😖
Hope you find it useful. (The Mopeka unit is a life saver)

Latest resources

Back