• Commercial/Vendors welcome

DPF Forced Regen Tools - What works and What does not

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yesterday when talking to CS I asked about updates. He never said there were any but did say it would require a "Product update tool" and its windows based. I told him I don't have windows he replied maybe you can borrow one... I'm not a real savvy
computer person.

I updated mine, not sure it's needed as obviously the coach is several years old but why not. I did not need to deal with the register code like the video showed. Installed the updater in Windows, ran it and downloaded the updates, one was an Aug 2022 file, several were May 2022, not knowing what these individual versions were on the device so who knows if needed or not. Boot remained at 1.0.5, displays version updated to 1.0.6, others remained the same. Once putting the SD card back in the device and powering it on again it offered to upgrade and I answered yes and it completed. Will not use device probably until Monday unless I need it for triage. I initially didn't see that they did include the USB cable with the device so I hunted for one with that plug and couldn't find one. Fortunately I did end up seeing they did include the USB cable needed as advertised.

DPF regen completed 1 hr 20 minutes. After cool down I now have the amber engine emblem light. None prior to regen. SPN 5862 Aftertreatment 1 SCR intermediate temperature. Status Active FMI=3 . I think this will clear after several engine starts, but not sure.

It may be the warning light that it's "hot back there" and to be careful where you park (leaves, dry grass, etc.). Can you share a pic of the dash with the light so we can see which one? I think it's also wise to leave the engine running during cool down until cool. The tech did with mine.

I let the engine run after the regen light went off probably and additional 30 minutes.

Attachments

• tempImageyofsYt.png
    tempImageyofsYt.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
That’s definitely the High Exhaust System Temp lamp. You’re good.

That’s definitely the High Exhaust System Temp lamp. You’re good.
I'm guessing it will clear on it own after a few starts or should I try to clear the code. I didn't see this code in the library on the Diesel handheld laptop.

What do you see when you start the engine now? Are all lights out?

What do you see when you start the engine now? Are all lights out?
The last time I checked a couple hours after regen (3PM central) it was still on. Doesn't matter if you start the engine or not. I'll check again in an hour or so. 7pm it will be about 6 hours after regen

What gets my attention is the time it took for your regen, that to me means your soot level was higher than "normal" and it's good you did the regen. Maybe try another regen? Mine took two. We really need to get better numbers on soot level, maybe @Rich W. can work with Diesel Laptops to get that in an update???

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back